Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Penchant for Observation

As I took an early lunch break on my first day back to the grind (re:  returning from vacation), I decided to update my Netflix instant queue.

The obvious made itself visible.

I have a penchant for documentaries.

This is nothing new to me.  I have always been intrigued by observation - whether it be people watching, reality tv, or non fiction books. 

I enjoy fiction, drama, and comedies too but I'm drawn to non fiction. 

Human nature, in a word, is intriguing; at least to me it is.  


I appreciate how a non fiction work can broaden my horizons, educate me, open myself up to a whole other world I might not have been exposed to otherwise, stretches my imagination, and reveals possibilities. 

Gee, I wonder why I originally pursued sociology and social work in college. 

So, it makes perfect sense when I look over my instant queue and notice 56% of my selections are documentaries. 

I wonder which one I will watch first. . .

Peace, Love, Laughter, and Soul Y'all. 

No comments: