Friday, June 24, 2011

Chocolate Cures All?

About 15 minutes ago I was in a panic.

Heart racing. 

Breathing was fast and furious.

I was picking my left thumb cuticle.   

Purse was turned upside down and inside out.

Desk drawer emptied. 

Mind in a frenzy. 

Why was I in such a state?

I thought I had misplaced a necessary financial record of the personal nature.

I remembered I had Hershey's bars in the kitchen.

One must always have s'mores ingredients on hand this time of the year.

I made my way to the kitchen.  Opened the cabinet.  Unwrapped the bar and took a deep breath.  Broke off the first row.  While stuffing a few pieces in my mouth I asked myself, "If it is lost, I can deal with the situation how? Think Mo, think." 

I made my way around the corner, down the hall, and back to the office.  Candy bar in hand, I opened the same desk drawer, pulled a few things out, and viola - there was the missing financial record. 

Devouring the bar might not have been what allowed me to find the item but it sure did calm my anxiety, for about 45 seconds or so.

Now I have to add an extra 5-10 minutes of the treadmill to the mix to accommodate the indulgence and remember to restock the Hershey's.  At least I'm somewhat calm again and have the "missing" item in my possession.

Chocolate.  It's a cure all. 

Peace, Love, Laughter, and Soul Y'all. 


Photo courtesy of this website.

No comments: