To me this represents craftiness and a de-stressing activity.
Feast your eyes upon the desk in which I sat down at about a week ago and got busy with the paper, ink, glitter, printer, cutter, scissors, adhesive, and colored pencils.
I was busting out my 4th of July cards.
Mass produced? No.
Original design in mind created? No.
Satisfied with end project? Yes.
I have a finished card I could share with you but it is at home and I am currently not in residence so I hope the pretty picture above can help with visualizing the finished card:
- White card stock was the base
- Red card stock was the accent for the "Uncle Sam" hat I stamped in black, colored with red (stripes), blue (hat top and brim), and yellow (stars)
- Asymmetrically cut the hat and matted on red card stock in the center of the card
- Added diamond stickle glitter for sparkle on the hat
- Printed "Happy Independence Day" in black and matted it on red card stock which was placed in the bottom right hand corner of the card
Originally I was going to do a smiley face with the hat and fireworks but it looked too busy for my liking. Then I was just going to do the smiley face and hat. I finally decided on just the hat and greeting.
It's a process y'all. A process I enjoy.
I'm thinking since I didn't mass produce the Independence Day cards I will be making some happy summer cards for the month of August. I need a creative project to keep me happy on the inside and balanced all around.
Keep your eyes on the mailbox.
Peace and Love Peeps.