Sunday, May 28, 2006

From The Road

Exactly how many bugs can one kill in a day? I know it may be hard to believe this represents only one day but it is totally true.



For you Dawn; the loneliest road in America. Although this is a picture taken of a road in Wyoming, this is what we saw in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and Wyoming; not another living thing for miles and miles. Lots of open road, open land, sage brush, and plenty of sky.



A picture simply can't do the scenery justice. This is a snapshot from Zion National Park in Utah. It blows my mind to think of how these formations came to be, how long they've been standing, and how many people crossed through and continue to cross through.




Here is a picture of a fossilized fish I picked up in Utah. I paid a little bit more than I planned on for a souvenir but it's worth it to know it's real and to have a bit of history in my everyday surroundings.




Other items of interest from that road trip:
Miles Driven in 4.5 Days = 2294
Brothels Seen: 17
Times Flashed by Women Soliciting Business: 3
States Visited: 4 (Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming)
Highest Regular Unleaded Gas Price Paid: $3.50 in Tonopah, Nevada
Lowest Regualar Unleaded Gas Price Paid: $2.57 in West Valley, Utah

Ahh, the memories.

3 comments:

annabkrr said...

Who is the "we" you drove to TX with? Hmmmmm????

I just discovered I can get on blogger from work. Heehee...
Don't worry I"m letting anyone die while I surf the net, the unit is empty and I'm just here in case we get an admission. :)Nothing like gettin' paid to sit on my ass!! WOOHOO

Mo said...

Anna, I would love to tell you I drove all those miles with a sexy beast of a man but no such luck.

The road trip was with one my managers. I needed to get out and see all the geography this zone, which is relatively new to my geography, entailed. So, I booked a ticket, rented a car, and off we went.

Mo said...

Anna, No joke about driving to Texas. For giggles, I mapquested my current address to my old address in Texas and I actually drove more on the Salt Lake road trip than what it takes to drive from here to there. OMG!