Monday, May 08, 2006

Owie

I’m home. Yippee! Lots of fur everywhere, a few hair balls, mucho litter to take care of, laundry to do, bills to pay but at least I am home for a few. Yippee!

I actually went to the grocery store and bought groceries. It’s pretty darn pathetic to have a male bachelor tell you you’re fridge and pantry is barer than his. Hey now, I had the essentials; one container of in date yogurt, all the condiments a girl could want, a bottle of patron chilling, and some pineapple juice. Priorities I tell you. Priorities. No worries to all you moms and friends worrying about me. I picked up some cherry lime-aid, some more yogurt, and stuff for the spinach and fruit salad. The freezer is always stocked with chicken, salmon, turkey burgers, and shrimp so it’s all good.

Well, it’d be all good if someone could come and do my laundry and rub my ass. I pulled a muscle in my ass of all places. You have any idea how much that can hurt? I didn’t until I did it. I should say pulled it again. Go ahead and laugh. You know you want to. I’d love to tell you I pulled it doing something fun but I didn’t. About a year ago I pulled it by turning the wrong way while sitting on the floor of a grocery store digging through the rack looking for opportunity. I pulled it again soon after that lugging my over packed suitcase down the stairs. This time I pulled it again by lugging my suitcase up the stairs. Why can’t my ass, suitcase, and I get along?

When I go to the doctor at the end of May for the lovely yearly and physical, I’m going to have to ask her about this. Can you see the conversation now? I pulled this muscle in my ass, right here. What can I do about it? What do you recommend? I can’t wait.

While we are on the topic of my yearly and physical, I’d like to send a rant out to the woman making the appointment on the hospital’s appointment line. If I ask you to make a mammogram appointment will you just do it please? Please save the condescending tone for someone else. Yes, I know you don’t get start getting mammograms until you are 40 and I am not 40. Yes, I know the insurance may not pay for it (they will beaotch). Just make the appointment woman and go on. Don’t question me on the request. Don’t sound surprised when I say it is ok if the insurance doesn’t cover it. And most certainly don’t make comments about not knowing my family history and having fibrous tissue that makes me have to get a yearly mammogram. It’s called being safe rather than sorry. It’s called my business, NOT yours.

On a good note, the weekend is already upon us. It’s my brother’s graduation. He’s getting his doctorate this weekend. I am so proud. Beeming. Filled with admiration, love, and joy for his accomplishment. I just found out today that all my siblings will be at the graduation. We’ll be missing a spouse, some of my nieces and nephews for the graduation and celebration later on at my sister’s but all of the siblings will be together at least part of the day.

This is huge. We haven’t been together like this since the day of my mom’s funeral. As I type this paragraph, I’m crying. Call me a sentimental fool. Call me emotional for still crying when I think of my mom’s passing. I can’t put into words what I want to express about this right now so for the time being I say huge.

I pray for everyone to get along, for any and all tears that flow over the coming weekend to be joyous ones and cleansing tears. Trust me on this one folks. There’s going to be tears. Not only is it his big day, it is Mother’s Day weekend. And all my siblings are going to be together. She’d be so proud. May her loving presence surround us.

No comments: