Saturday, May 09, 2009

Weekly Challenge #80 and Reflection


I woke up this morning with this weighing on my mind.

Balance

I know why it is there. Not so much because of my current state of being but more so for two friends of mine who are struggling with striking a balance in their lives.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have this completely figured out but I have come a long in way in the last five years.

My secrets?

Some of them are

Making time for myself.

Taking time to play and to just be.

Engaging in activities that keep me centered.

Enjoying the smallest of the small and the largest of the large too.

Scheduling downtime.

Not being afraid to say no.

Not feeling guilty for saying no.

Building and maintaining a support network.

Some weeks, heck months, are more out of whack than others but through it all, I listen to my body, to my mind, to those around me.

I don't let whispers become yells.

I challenge you to do the same. Find a balance and not only maintain it, embrace it.

Peace and Love Peeps.

No comments: