Thursday, January 14, 2010

That's My $2.18

Do you do coupons?

I do.

I especially use the ones at JoAnns and Michael's.

Which leads me to the story of the above picture.

I had a plethora of coupons the week of Christmas for JoAnns.

I asked the customer service desk associate if I could use multiple coupons at one time or did the purchases need to be rung up separately.

She said I could use all of them at the same time if desired.

I went about my business and picked up some ribbon and a few miscellaneous items.

I approach the register and the same associate who earlier entertained my question rings me up.

I handed her all of my coupons and she very loudly sighs.

I look at her. You know the look I am talking about right? Yeah, I gave her that look.

She proceeds to not use the 40% off coupon, which happened to be the first one I handed her.

I politely point this out.

She replies, "Does it really matter? It's only going to be like $2.00."

Um yes it matters.

You send me coupons for a reason. I use them.

I want my 40% off. I am entitled to my discount.

She processes the coupon and when all was said it done it was $2.18 from the 40% off.

The $2.18 was the cost of one of the spools of ribbon, tax included.

That's my $2.18 and free spool of ribbon.

Coupons.

Believe in them. Use them.

Get your $2.18.

Peace and Love Peeps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man how i wish the members of my family would use them...good for you