Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Under the Weather

Sunday I fell asleep reading the paper with the kitteh on my lap. 

I should have known then I was in for a special surprise.  The kind that brings the aches, the chills, the fever . . . the sickness. 

I never fall asleep reading the paper in the den, on the love seat, and stay that way for a few hours. 

Guess I can't say never since it happened Sunday.

Fast forward to Monday.  Headaches. No appetite.  Only want to sleep.  Hurts to swallow. Ears are tender.

I pushed through Monday like a champ and took Dayquil and the ever so handy Nyquil before bed Monday.

At some point in the middle of the night I woke up drenched in sweat.  Not a little.  DRENCHED. 

Yup, quickly made an appointment to see the doctor Tuesday afternoon right after my 7:00 AM conference call. 

At the appointment in the afternoon, as she felt my my nodes and stated the words wow. I knew I was in for a special treat. 

Let's draw some blood to see if you have mono and hey open wide and say ahh so I can stick this swab down your throat and watch you gag in discomfort. 

Good times. 

Really though.  So far so good.  It's not mono.  I go back Friday for another blood draw just to be safe since my white blood cell count was extremely elevated. 

For now I sound horrible, feel worse, have made the kitteh learn patience as she wants to play and any time I lean down for her toy, the room spins and my head pounds.

I'm trying to stay hydrated but gosh darn does it ever hurt to swallow.  No fever but I am alternating between being just right and cold.

Yay me.

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Peace, Love, Laughter, and Happiness.  xOxO Mo

No comments: