Saturday, January 14, 2012

On the Menu

It's my turn to host one of my book club meeting of the minds. I belong to two book clubs.  Both are great with different selections and wonderful ladies I enjoy sharing life with.   

I chose The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  The book intrigues me and I figured for the new year, why not see if anything resonates with us. 

It's supposed to be cold with the chance of snow on Sunday in these parts.  Duh.  It is January after all. 

When I sat down to menu plan I wanted to select healthy comfort food that would stick to your ribs and warm you from the inside out. 

I hope what I've selected appeals to the group. 

On the menu
Lots of fruits and veggies for nibbling
Mini lean turkey meatloaf
Beef in a bucket - you choose how you want to nom on the tri tip goodness
Fresh lime and black bean soup
Polenta style corn casserole
Bell pepper nachos

One friend is bringing a delicious dipping sauce for the veggies and another a hearty chili. 

Should make for a great Sunday afternoon with the girls! 

Peace, Love, Laughter.  xOxo, Mo

No comments: