Sunday, January 01, 2012

If Your Life Was a Movie . . .

I'm going to start a new tradition of sorts. 

On the first day of each new year, as I delight in black eyed peas, I am going to do the soundtrack to my life. 

My friend Heather has posted hers on facebook for the last 3 years.

It's a fun way to expose see what you listen to and how your musical tastes may change from year to year. 

So, with this being said, here's how you play if your life were a movie, your soundtrack would be. . .

1. Open your music library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For the first question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button TWICE
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...just type it in man!

I linked to youtube so you can listen to the tunes if you don't recognize them.  Click on the song title in orange and laugh along with me enjoy. 

Some of the results are just down right funny to me.  To quote my niece, shuffle is the new magic 8 ball.  It's Yoda wise. 

Opening Credits:
2012: Air Force Ones by Nelly

Waking Up:
2012: We Are Family by Sister Sledge

First Day at School:
2012: Where Are You Going by Dave Matthews Band

Falling in Love:
2012: Best of My Love by The Emotions

Losing Virginity:
2012: Tequila Loves Me by Kenny Chesney

Fight Song:
2012: Heartbreak Town by Dixie Chicks

Breaking Up:
2012: Leaving Las Vegas by Sheryl Crow

Prom:
2012: Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears

Life:
2012: Take Me Away by John Legend

Mental Breakdown:
2012: Relator by Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson

Driving:
2012: Kill the Lights by Britney Spears

Flashback:
2012: Doin’ Time by Sublime

Getting Back Together:
2012: Live Your Life by T.I. feat. Rihanna

Wedding:
2012: Toes by Norah Jones

Birth of Child:
2012: Crying Shame by Jack Johnson

Final Battle:
2012: On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull

End Credits:
2012: The House is Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

Death:
2012: Baptism by Kenny Chesney and Randy Travis

Funeral:
2012: When It Hurts by Avant

Should you decide to play, let me know so I can come check you out. 
 
Peace, Love, Laughter.  xOxo, Mo

No comments: