Monday, December 15, 2008

Pretty


The weather outside is frightful.

Ice, ice, and more ice.

Remnants of snow.

Temps in the 20s. Wind chill in the teens.

However, on a clear winter morning, the views of the mountain just can't be beat.

There is also something soothing about white fluffiness surrounding you.

Being able to snuggle under a blanket while sipping on a mug of hot tea or cocoa is pretty darn good too.

I'm happy I live in an area of the country that experiences the four seasons.

I'm calling upon my Texas roots and remembering when the temps fall into the teens and don't get above freezing for days on end, as we are predicted to experience, faucets need to be left on a slow drip, cabinet doors should be opened inside, and the pipes need to be wrapped too.

I'll leave the pipe wrapping to the maintenance folks. As the week progresses I am sure I will get used to hearing the slow and steady drip drip.

Princess and Jasmine are having fun exploring uncharted territories. I am trying with all my might to avoid closing the cabinet doors under the sinks and shutting the doors where the washer and dryer are.

It could be a lot worse. Like frozen pipe worse. Or frigid cold as some of my work peeps in Montana are experiencing (negative temps).

All in all, it is pretty darn good in my world. Cold, but good.

Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

fiwa said...

I know - it's been a long time since I've had to leave a faucet dripping!

It's supposed to snow some more on Wednesday/Thursday. If it does - I'm working from home.

Stay warm!
f

Unknown said...

Sure wish I could get some of the nice icey weather over here, but I can't.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Never heard of the opened cabinets thing. Listening to JL right now at work. Thanks again girl!

Unknown said...

HI Mo! Sorry about being MIA in the blog world... yes its cold, but yes its good! :) you have time before Christmas? Courtney and I have a little gift we'd like to get to you! :)