Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas 2006

So let me catch you up to speed, many days late.

By now you know I played Santa and wrapped more presents than I care to count for Pete. So in case you are wondering I did indeed spend part of Christmas with him and the girls.

I was over at his place for Christmas Eve and part of Christmas morning. How'd we spend the time you ask?

Good ole' fashioned quality family time is how.

I arrived after 1:00 PM. We placed my contribution to the festivities under the tree and kept the rest hidden until much later.



A crafty beaotch like me just had to make some bows, bust out the paint, foam stamps, juice can tops, ribbon, and glitter.

I wouldn't have had it any other way and believe me, I didn't hear the end of it. Finally, now, weeks later, they have stopped picking on me for not being "normal" and using curly ribbon and tags.

I ask you, my fellow crafty sisters, did you do the same with your gift wrapping? Are they on to something? Am I not normal? I mean we know that already but given the spare time and desire to be crafty, did you get creative too?

They, by the way, is Pete and his roomie. His roomie still has his W and snowflake creation so secretly I know at least one of 'em appreciated my craftiness.

As the afternoon progressed, we sat by


and Pete read


As nightfall approached, we made cookies and set out reindeer food (carrots on the deck), opened a few presents and proceeded to have a marathon game playing session of


This is the girls' favorite game. I think I have played it more times in the last two months than in all of my years. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying.

The biggest joke and saddest part of it all? The game has been imitating my real life. I manage to end up with no children but have my fair share of investments. Finally on New Year's Eve I "had" a child.

Anyway, Pete cooked dinner while I played with the girls and sometime around 10:30 we were able to put them to bed. After a safe enough amount of time had passed, we got Santa's presents from my car and put them in their rightful place.

Pete and I then curled up by the fire and watched my all time favorite Rudolph. You get no more details than that. We're all big girls and boys. You can figure out what happened next.

Sometime in the early morning hours the oldest got sick and instead of going to Daddy, she came upstairs to find me. I officially have been thrown up on multiple times and have taken care of a sick child in the middle of the night.

Christmas morning came. Breakfast was consumed. Sick child feeling much better. Presents were opened. Presents were played with.

I said my goodbye's and departed so I could get back home to change and head over to spend Christmas day with M2, family, and Ace.

We went to a friend's for the celebration, watched some ball, and proceeded to lay the smack down while playing


Ace, M2, and B...I feel the need for some more Uno. How 'bout you?

So there you are peeps. Christmas 2006.

Oh, and I know some of you want to know what he got me don't you? I received a substantial gift card to Barnes and Noble and a gift certificate for a massage and facial. He got a iPod nano from me.

Next up later this week? Shopping (Katherine will be so proud; can you say Chanel sunglasses and glasses), life changing eye stuff, New Years, and business results.

I'd love to tell you it will be tomorrow but let's be real here. Ohio State and Florida play tomorrow. You know where I'll be and what I will be doing.

The Buckeyes better bring it home. Especially after my #2 team, the Seahawks, took down my #1 team the Cowboys...by 1 freaking point yesterday. I guess that would make the Seahawks #1.

It's all good. It'll be good for business so I'll take it. But seriously, one point? Romo, I know mistakes happen. We are all human. But did you have to drop the ball like that in the 4th? I'm sure you feel bad enough so I won't go on.

So, stay tuned. Updates will be coming, providing our next round of wind, rain, ice, and snow forecasted for this week don't wreak havoc on the power again.

Peace and Love Peeps.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Sounds like a fantastic holiday break to me.

and um for the record-you are one crafty, B. I'm lucky if my packages have name tags on them let alone sparkly stars and hand crafted letters. I feel so inadequate as a gift wrapper now.

What exactly is life changing eye stuff? If it takes the wrinkles away-share what it is. I'm feelin' pruny.

kimmyk said...

Oh yeah...GO BUCKS!

Unknown said...

lol...all I can think about is that craig guy and that damn heat..who knew you could capture Summer in your house like that...