Saturday, February 18, 2006

Entering the Realm

Well, it is day one of entering the realm of blogging. I have been hesitant to do so for a lot of reasons but for some reason, I decided today was the day to the take the plunge. What's life if not about taking chances right? So, today is the day I take the chance.

I'll do my best to stay away from topics that could put me in compromising situations (i.e., I will not post about work related activities) Last thing I need is to get fired for something I write about here. There's been so many articles in the news about people falling victim of this so I'll keep away from that. I need my job more than what a blog vent can do for me. Not that I won't be tempted to do so...of that I am sure...but these vents will be in private.

So, why the header of Living the Life - Mo on the Go? To be honest, I feel like I am living a good life and it is a life on the go so it made sense to make this the header. Plus, the other ones I tried before entering in this one wouldn't take so I feel I am destined to be Living the Life - Mo on the Go. Mo's a nickname those closest to me use from time to time.

I say I feel like I am living a good life for the most part. Why do I feel this way? Well, I feel I have so many blessings to be thankful for. Some of them are: I have my health, I have a roof over my head, food in the pantry, fridge, and freezer, I have money in the bank, I have a car (that's paid off!), I have a great job and am fortunate to love what I do, I have a wonderful family (even though we're spread across the country), I have fantastic friends (spread across the country too for the most part), I have two wonderful love kitties I adore, I have an education (even though it's not as complete as I'd like it to be), I can see, I can speak, I can think, I can walk, I can talk, I can smell, I can hear...get what I am talking about? It's living the good life.

Why on the go? It seems like I am always going somewhere, at least during the week that is. Yep, I am a business traveler. No people, it is not as glamorous as you may think. It does have perks but for the most part, I'd rather be home than be on the road.

Being on the go isn't a bad place to be or a bad way to live life. I get to experience places, people, things - so much more by living this way of life that many others don't get the chance to do. I get to see different parts of the country I would not be exposed to if it weren't for these trips. I get the opportunity to interact with many versus a few.

I've learned the art of travel. I've been taught, shown, and learned to appreciate a home cooked meal, how fabulous it is to be sleeping in your own bed, how fantastic it is to take a shower in your shower, what a treat it is to hang out on your couch. Heck, going to the grocery store is a treat because it means you'll be home for more than a few days! It's the little things in life you begin to appreciate you didn't think twice about before.

So, there you go...Living the Life - Mo on the Go.

I hope to be able to post on a regular basis and in time, share this space with those near and dear. Isn't it ironic how much easier it is to share innermost thoughts with strangers than with those closest to you?

2 comments:

annabkrr said...

Tell me about it sister!! I can get on here and spill my guts, and can't articulate a coherant sentence to the man who I sleep beside. Glad you finally made it on here!!!

Mo said...

You inspired me!