Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Kidnappers!

Tonight I thank god for friendships and pratical jokers in the office to make a day cruise on by with many smiles and laughs.

I fully admit somewhere along the way I got stuck in the oral stage. Those who know me in real life know there is usually always something for me to drink nearby. More often than not, it's a water bottle.

I have this one bottle I constantly drink out of at work. I have one for when I am in the office, one I take on the road with me and yet another one to drink from while at home. I know there are probably all sorts of yucky and dangerous bacteria growing in there but I don't care...these are my babas for goodness sake.

Baba=sucking (aka drinking) constantly and attached at the hip

One of my nearest and dearest co-workers coined the phrase about 2 years ago and it has made it's way around and stuck. It's cool. I have a baba. Whatcha' gonna' do about it?

Well, here's what they did about it. I leave my office for about 20 minutes only to return with a picture of the office based baba covered in what looked like a t-shirt accompanied by a ransom note. A RANSOM note. They were demanding chocolate in return for my baba. I have no chocolate in the office. I am on a deadline. They kidnapped the baba. Ah, the horror of it all!

What's a girl to do? Make a mad dash to the grocery store down the street to get chocolate that's what a girl is to do.

Baba returned safe and sound...deadline finally met after 8:00 PM...kidnappers bellies full of chocolate. If I were cool enough to post pictures on this blog, I'd post the picture they left and a montage of the babas but I suck at this techno stuff right now.

3 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

oh my goodness - that is too funny

annabkrr said...

Girl, you better be boiling that baba!
To post a pic, just go to create post and upload a picture.
It took me forever to figure all this stuff out too. I just got posting a pic on the profile yesterday.

Steph said...

That is too funny! Glad you got your baba back!