Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bliss


Home. Safe and sound.

The audit went better than I anticipated. The only bad thing about the day was every last one of my nails broke. I mean down to the quick. I used to wear acrylics but stopped wearing them a few years back. I did some damage to my natural nails and have made peace with the breaking, the frailness of it all but I still don't like it when they break and leave with nubbies.


Had a very relaxing "vacation" with Pete. We did nothing but lazed around, talked, laughed, and well...you know. You do know right?

It was bliss. We did feel a little guilty about not going and doing anything but hey, how often do you really get to sleep in and have a whole day to yourself with absolutely no need to go anywhere and the need to have to do anything is simply a choice?

We took full advantage of it. I hope you would do the same, given the chance.

The evening was finished with a fabulous piece of dead cow, baked tater, sweet corn, and a bottle of Merlot.

The alarm went off entirely too soon this morning at 5:30 AM.

For now, I'm off to love on the kitties, get my dry cleaning together, and head to bed.

Peace and Love Peeps.

Oh, Kimmy the kitties either fend for themselves with extra food, water, and litter or they have company in the form of a "house sitter" or one of my local peeps will stop by to check on them. The running joke last year was my house sitter (Hasse) should have been paying the rent and utilities because he spent more time in my place than I did.

If I am gone for more than 3 nights I make sure someone is with them or comes by. I know they are ok and well taken care of but it breaks my heart to leave them. I don't even want to think about how hard it would be to leave a child.







No comments: