Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Two Words

Two words you don't want to hear the doctor say.

"That's impressive."

"No idea."

That's impressive was spoken when I was describing the symptoms and the last 3.5 days of my life.

No idea was spoken when he weighed in on what took my butt down.

Yep, that's right folks. The doctor has no idea what I had and he's impressed with my fever, my throat, my vomiting, etc.

Glad I could add some excitement to your day doc.

I am thankful I was not the first flu case in Washington, that it's not strep but to hear no idea leaves me, for a lack of a better word, feeling funkier than usual.

I am feeling much better today. I'm back at work. I'll be chugging lots of fluids and taking my 400 mgs of Motrin every 6 hours to deal with the throat pain. Gotta' love Vitamin M.

The good part of this illness? I lost 3 pounds. Watch. It'll be back on by the end of the week. But hey for now I'm down an additional 3. I know exactly how I lost them too. I'll spare you the details. I am sure you can fill in the blanks.

The other good part? You know how they say you can tell who your real friends are when things aren't going so good? Pete showed his true colors. He's a trooper. Heck, I might even go as far as to say he could be a keeper.

Anywho, I hope things are good in your world. I promise, fun stuff for the rest of the week. This should be the last depressing, ill based entry.

Peace and Love Peeps.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

Sorry to hear you're still not 100%.

They just started dishing out the flu shot here-we've seen so many patients already with what appears to be the flu. I think it's gonna be a bad year. Hopefully you've got it out of the way.

Get your rest...and take care of yourself.

annabkrr said...

It does sound like either the flu or strep, but viral usually ends up the winner.

That's another example of why you should be back home where you have kin folk to hold back your hair while you hurl! You're too far away.

And btw, who the heck is Pete? No dishing about Pete? Now, that's just low.