Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sometimes It Sucks Being Single

Right now is one of those times.

I curse the mo' fo' whose germs I picked up.

Finally, the fever has broken. The barfing has stopped. The aches are almost gone. The throat is mucho sore.

I curse you, you punk ass. Whoever you are. Wherever I picked your crud up from.

When you're single, you realize there is no one there to make your soup, change your bedsheets when you need them changed, get you another glass of water, juice, gingerale...you know whatever you might be needing.

My kitties haven't left my side and there are friends I could call if it got that bad and I needed someone to come take care of me.

For now I ask all of you with loved ones and family nearby to say a little prayer of thanks you have someone to take care of you when you're down and out. It's a small thing we take for granted.

I've been reminded of this in the worst way this weekend.

When I recover to the point I can talk, function, etc. I promise I will return a call to JP, Ace, and M2.

I've heard the phones ring. I haven't been ignoring you. I just have not been able to get to them without tossing a cookie or two or being able to move fast enough.

That might be TMI but I wanted you to know I love you and have not been intentionally dodging your calls.

Peace and Love Peeps.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

Ohhh hope you feel better!