Sunday, May 13, 2007

Randomness and Hibernation



We'll talk about this in a minute.

First I would like to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Please forgive me, all you wonderful ladies and mommas in my world, please? I did not, and still have not, made your mother's day cards. It does not mean I was not thinking of you, because I have been. It simply means I have been busy and decided to take my own advice and hibernate, which means I have not done one thing on the list of things to do.

Well, I have cleaned up most of my place and caught up on my sleep. But I have not done those cards among other cards and projects I need to do. I took the hibernation to the true level and spirit it was intended in.

Friday night I headed over to Pete's for dinner. Before I went I stopped by the library to drop off some books, pick one up from reserve, and decided I would grab some back issues of the Rubber Stamper and Creating Keepsakes. I'm always on the look out for inspiration ya' know.

So there I sit, in the recliner, kicking back and relaxing while Pete was grilling. I am minding my own business and am enjoying the quiet time. And then it hits.

The teasing that is. He was like, "Are you serious? That is the most obscure magazine. And on a Friday night this is how you choose to pass away some of the time?"

Yes, my darling, it is. Then I proceeded to point out to him he doesn't seem to mind the art projects I have done with the girls, the cards and little surprises I make for him, or the birthday present we are working on for his mom so back up off me buddy.

He got it, gave me a kiss, and walked away laughing. Hmmm...wait until he finds out I am going to a show at the fairgrounds next weekend and again in July.

Plus he should be thankful I spent my Friday night doing that otherwise he might have found me sleeping in the chair instead of being wide awake waiting for my cow and tater not to mention that I found a super cute idea for his Father's Day gift from the girls. Thanks Ali Edwards. You have inspired me once again.

Saturday I slept and slept some more. Did some reading. A couple loads of laundry. And huddled in the bed with the kitties while I caught up on this week's dvr'ed shows. Love me a marathon session of Bones, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, ER, Close to Home, and Real World. I really need to catch up on Oprah. I am 16 shows behind.

Today I slept in some more, had some quiet time talking to mom, starting cleaning, baked some chocolate chip muffins, and plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day.

I, thankfully, am home all week. I was supposed to be gone three days in two cities but due to some of Friday's activities, we cancelled the trip. This is a good thing because I get to play catch up around the office and here. I can use the time at home.

Which means y'all should be treated to some pictures and daily updates. Now, aren't you feeling lucky and excited? :)

For now, I am signing off. I have more hibernation to attend to.

Peace and Love Peeps.

No comments: