Sunday, April 09, 2006

By the Numbers

Ahh, it is sooooo good to be home again. I was only gone for two days but these two days, because it was a road trip in the truest sense of the phrase, made it seem like I was gone for more than just two days. I accomplished what I needed to accomplish in the visited locations. I feel good about that but I have to say, as I click my heels together, there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

So, what's a girl do to amuse herself when she drives all alone up and down the interstate? Plays the numbers game.

Miles driven: 994

Number of state lines crossed: 2 states crossed twice

Out of state license plates spotted: 4 in WA, 11 in OR

Out of country license plates spotted: 3 total; all from Canada

Road side memorials: 6

Logging trucks passed: 8

Church buses/vans passed: 9

RV's, Fifth wheels, campers passed: 13

Number of times flashed or mooned by people in RV's: 2

18 Wheelers passed: 27

Number of times truck driver honked horn when given "the sign": 5

Number of times I gassed up: 4

Number of granola/Luna bars munched on: 3

Number of Bambi's meeting their maker: 5

Number of unidentified road kill spotted: 7

Number of times a small prayer was said thanking God for keeping me safe: countless

No comments: