Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Woo Wee

What a day! It wasn't too unusual for me but I'm wiped. I started out the day on the wrong foot. I was so out of it when I got home last night, I left my keys in the lock on the outside of the door all night. Not a smart move ladies and gents. I had no idea I had done this until I went to grab my keys from the hook by the door this morning and before I panicked, thought "No way did I leave them in the door." Yes way.

The office didn't open until 9:00 and I was walking out the door at 6:45 so all I could do was say a prayer that no one came by, saw the keys, made a copy, returned the keys to the lock and would break in while I was gone. I thought, "What's the worse that could happen? Steal my stuff right? I have insurance. But identify theft could be a beaotch to deal with." Thankfully, no one broke in while I was gone today. Thank you Jesus.

So, I put this behind me and headed on out the door. What's the first thing I see once I am on the road? Po-Po. Yep, the fuzz are large and in charge almost right where they were about two weeks ago. Police cars with lights - check. Detectives milling about - check. Crime scene tape - check. What the heck?

I thought I lived in a safe neighborhood. Guess not. Of course, if I were like most of the normal folks, I wouldn't be privy to this information. By the time 7:30 AM or 8:00 AM rolls around, this scene would most likely be cleared. So, I am thankful I am seeing what I am seeing but it's very unsettling to say the least.

First up on my list tomorrow? Call the public affairs department of the police department. Hopefully, they will share with me what's going on. If not, a visit to the police station is in my future. Then, if no information is shared, I'm calling the local newspaper and talking to the guy who writes the crime beat column. If still no answer, I'm hitting up a police department town hall meeting. This girl wants to know what the heck is going on in her neighborhood. This girl deserves to know. This girl needs to know. Wish me luck.

I arrive on time to pick someone up for our little road trip down south today. I swear to you I have been on this stretch of I-5 more in the last three weeks than I have in the last three months. It's all good. It's what I do and it's how I do it so quit my fussin and just get to it is what I kept telling myself. Now, if it would become my reality, it'd really be all good.

I know what my problem is. Lack of sleep. Lack of downtime. Lack of feeling relaxed and rested. Heck, I don't even get left alone after 5:30 or on the weekends right now. It's something I am obviously manifesting myself otherwise why would it be happening? I know I need a vacation. Hell, at this point I may even need meds. I'm irritable. I'm snapping at people. I'm wearing the stress on my sleeve. It's never good when your boss calls you out on it. I am supposed to be the calm, rational, happy, people pacifying one of the bunch and I'm for sure not right now. He understands but again, it's never a good thing when he sees it and is compelled to comment. Thankfully, we have a long weekend coming up.

Easter is about hope, renewal, faith, god's love, power, and grace. I'm going to sit back and relish in this over the long weekend. No cell phone. I'm turning the blasted thing off. I'm leaving an extended message saying I am observing the holiday. Let someone else be the on call person. I need this time like nobody's business. I knew it was going to be hectic but I am definitely at the limit. It takes a lot for me to get there and I'm there.

I mean come on...I left the keys in the door overnight for goodness sakes. BTW, the locks have been changed as of 6:30 tonight. Now let's hope if someone did make copies, they didn't take a copy of the car key. Of course, a 6 year old SUV that isn't in production anymore isn't that desirable is it? Leave my little friend alone or I just might break down and cry in a corner.

The bright side of the day? Being alive. Being able to feel the stress means I am healthy, I have a job, I can feel, I can see, talk, move, smell, hear, etc. Oh, and small wonders, I busted out a few Easter cards tonight to clear my mind and feed my soul. They are definitely not my best work but at least I got to play with ink, paper, glue, etc. Hopefully they will arrive in time.

Here's my parting thought for the day. It's from this evening's random card choice from The Four Agreements 48 card deck: "You are never responsible for the actions of others. But you are responsible for you. If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. You may hurt for awhile but your heart will eventually heal." WOW, how cool is that little tidbit? Way cool.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

Very cool sentiment on the card.

I've done the same thing with my keys, Shawn found them when he got home from work at 1 AM! It wasn't a good feeling.

Rest up this weekend, girl! Your killing yourself with this job and Anna thinks you need to get a job that isn't so crazy! Don't let life pass you by, my friend. You gotta stop and take time for you!

One of them cards better been for me, damn it! LOL I mailed mine out yesterday and I'm hoping the same as you, that they make it on time. I wasn't that pleased with mine, but at least I got them done.