Monday, April 10, 2006

Vent

Taking a moment or two to vent. Went to file my taxes today. Nothing like waiting until the last minute huh? Anyway, everything is all well and good until it comes time for me to sign the final return. The gentleman who filed my return has the gall to make a comment about my signature.

I'm ok with a comment about my signature but when you, who has met me a mere 30 minutes beforehand, precedes to tell me, "we need to work on this signature", I am left with the response of "excuse me?" Yes ladies and gentlemen, those who know me in real life know what my signature looks like, you know I sign it at least 20 times a day. There is a reason it's only my first initial combined with my last name. It's readable and I do hear it is unique. Never, ever, have I had someone tell me I need to work on my signature. WTF?

So, I did say excuse me. He was shocked that I said this and then preceded to backtrack and said, "Well it's a series of connected letters and swirly. It's difficult." Ok, whatever. I left this alone because seriously what was the point even discussing it with this guy. The Four Agreements by Don Miquel Ruiz (love the wisdom in this book, in his teachings) teaches us to not take anything personally. This guy is entitled to his own opinion. I don't have to buy into his opinion but I will be honest and say it did sting for a minute.

Moving on...I have to go back to the office. God love these last minute HR requests. I thought it would be an early day for me. For the love of God, what was I thinking? I should have known better.

No comments: