Friday, April 14, 2006

Open Letter

I'd had enough when I woke up this morning. My new neighbor, who hasn't been here a month, has decided the common porch area we share would become a personal garbage space. It is a hassle to take the trash to the dumpster. We only have one dumpster in the entire apartment complex and it is way on the other side of the complex. However, this doesn't mean it is ok to leave your nasty garbage on the porch for 24+ hours.

We each have a patio. Use the patio. I'm all good with using the patio. Heck, I'd be cool with leaving the trash for a few hours on the porch. But, no, you've left it out there for a day and a half and counting. I'm not so good with that. If this was the first time you'd done it, ok. But this is the third time in less than three weeks! I don't want to look at let alone smell your garbage. Luckily, it hasn't been so hot that the flies are swarming about and the stench is rising but those temps are soon on their way.

So, I left neighbor mail on their front door at 8:00 AM this morning. The typed note said,

"To my new neighbor,

Please place your garbage on your patio versus in front of your door if you need to leave it outside for more than 24 hours.
We share this common area.
Thank you,
Your neighbor in ####"

Then I signed my signature. We haven't met yet and I thought 8:00 AM was too early to knock on the door. So, do you think I was out of line or ok with the neighbor mail?

The lease states to keep this area, among some other places/stuff, "in good order, clean, and in sanitary condition". Back where I come from, keeping your trash for more than a day and counting where they are keeping theirs, indicates non compliance to the lease.

Bottom line for me is I don't want or need to be subjected to your trash on the porch, stairwell area. I hope the message is received as it was intended, which was in respect, and a change of behavior ensues. I'd rather deal with this neighbor to neighbor than have to get management involved.

***** EDITED WITH AN UPDATE *****
Letter received. Trash removed. Child punished for mother's reaction. Don't be dragging your child down the stairwell by one arm and saying, "Hurry up. What the hell?" and proceed to drag her, to let her fall at one of the landings because of your whatever (frustration, anger, etc.). Please treat your children with the love and care they are so deserving of.

2 comments:

annabkrr said...

Jesus, sounds like you should have called child welfare on that horrible person! If they treat their kid like that in public imagine what they do to it when their along. I just hate people who abuse their children, they outta be shot.

Glad they moved the trash though. That sounds gross.

Are you off today?

Mo said...

I was sorta off. I did have one phone call/conference call in the PM. The rest of the weekend, I took off. Completely off. No phone, no cell phone, no computer. I unplugged and it was great!