Monday, April 17, 2006

How'd I Get Old This Fast?

I woke up this morning and the first thought I had was in about a month, I will officially have been out of high school for 15 years. 15 years! This means I will also have been employed with the same company for 15 years. 15 years!

I started as a summer intern 3 days after graduation, worked part time while I was in college, and stayed with the same company when I decided to be an adult and work full time.

My car is 6 years old. It just seems like yesterday when we (Mom and I) walked onto the dealership and asked what they had in the price range I could pay cash for and then proceeded to drive it off the lot. 6 years!

It is so true to say time flies. It certainly has. I remember being a kid and thinking the days would never end, that summer lasted forever, yadda yadda. Now I can't seem to figure out how the days go by so fast, how summer is over in a blink of an eye.

No comments: