Friday, November 24, 2006

Freaking A

I have strep.

AGAIN.

How in the hell does an adult woman with her tonsils out get strep twice in less than 2 months? The last round was Oct. 2.

I took all my freaking meds last time. I wash my hands constantly. I take my vitamins daily. I make sure I get enough sleep this time of the year. I eat fruits and veggies. I border on being a germaphobe. I threw out my last round of toothbrushes when I was sick and replaced them with brand spanking new ones.

You know...I take care of me. And what the hell?

Strep takes up residence in my body again.

For the love of all that is good and right in this world, why? How?

Come on you nurses out there. Tell me. How'd I manage this one?

The blessings? I lost weight from the barfing, fever, and inability to swallow over this lovely Thanksgiving holiday. And as one of my brothers pointed out, I more than likely would have headed for the snow and this way I was assured I wouldn't blow my knee out.

Yep, that's me and my family. Find the silver lining as Mo is hunkered down, puking, writhering around in agony, feverish, and with the kitties staring at their momma like she is a crazy woman.

The glass is half full in our world.

So, internet peeps, how was your Thanksgiving?

Tell me. I want to know. I want to live through you.

On the football front, Go Cowboys and here is to kissing the possibility of a championship game for the Longhorns bye bye.

Told ya' I love me some football. Even in my delirious state, I watched some of the games. That is a sickness in itself. :)

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Man that's a pisser you're sick again.

I hope you get to feelin' better!!

SuburbanMom said...

oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry :(

Mo said...

Thanks for the warm, get well wishes ladies! I feel them vibes!!