Friday, June 22, 2007

Burning Question

Where's Pete?

Have you gotten rid of him?



Up a tree, that's where!

Some of my very favorite people have asked if Pete and I are still rocking and rolling.

The answer my friends is YES, we are still together.

Do you really think I wouldn't tell you if we broke up?

Seriously.

I know I haven't really posted an entry about him since the night of the concert but honestly, there has not been much to tell.

What have you missed? Hmmm...
  • We played tennis and I cooked dinner one night. It was a draw by the way and I made No Peek Stew with corn and a salad.
  • He and the girls spent the night one night. The next day, while he was working, I let them have creative genius and each created a photo collage foam board art project, complete with stamps, punches, paint, etc., for Father's Day. (Were y'all paying attention 'cuz I wrote about that? :) )
  • I spent the evening over at his house one night. A bunch of us got together for a ping pong impromptu tourney and dinner.
  • He cooked dinner for me and we talked about some pressing items last night. On the menu: grilled swordfish with garlic butter, steamed broccoli, and caesar salad.

I won't have any stories to share with you next week either. He's on vacation with the girls.

And yes, I was invited but chose not to go. It's in Ohio (sorry Kimmy) with all of his family gathering together for a few days in the woods.

I like camping. Oh yes I do. But the timing is all wrong and honestly, I'd rather not meet the entire extended family at one time...in the woods...

Maybe I will have some stories to share about taking them to the airport and picking them up from the airport in Bellingham versus SeaTac. Can you say road trip?

Sorry to disappoint you. I know y'all have come to expect more but we've been busy and our schedules haven't quite been meshing.

And in case you are wondering what was he doing up in the tree, he was getting a ping pong paddle out of the branches. See, we are a bunch of competitive freaks and when you add beer to the mix, some get hot under the collar and throw the paddle where it doesn't belong when they lose.

If ya' want more details, to know more about us, ask. I'll tell you what I feel comfortable sharing, either privately or here.

Peace and Love Peeps. It's back to work I go...hi ho, hi ho.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Yeah for love in the summer!

Why's he up in that tree?
It's okay that you're not coming here...I'm coming there!!! [Soon enough that is! and then I will see you!]

Are they flying Skybus? Let me know how that works out-it's like 30 bucks from Bellingham to Columbus I hear. Great deal!!! I thought about flying that way out then renting a car to drive the 70 miles.

SuburbanMom said...

Cool - I'm glad that everything is going so well for you -- you sound fab :)

Anonymous said...

holy shit, who wouldn't want to go spend some quality time in the woods with bugs, snakes, ax murderers, and peeps they just met?
where do i sign up? if you make it out alive, that would be some great bloggin.

Mo said...

Kim,
He was up in the tree getting a ping pong paddle that had the misfortune of being thrown up there in an outburst of "I lost? Damn!"

They did indeed fly Skybus. When he called tonight he said the flight was good. The drive from where I am to the airport is about two hours versus the twenty minutes to SeaTac but the prices of the tickets, were unbeatable. He said it was about 1 hour and twenty minutes from Columbus to his Mom's. Again, well worth the savings.

Thanks Katherine. We have our moments but for the most part it's working.

Tina,
The good blogging will have to wait. I took the other road. The road of "Ok, you can take a picture of me with the girls before you go and I have to approve it to show your family who I am but that's it"...for the time being.