Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happiness in a Cup



I love me some Kataluma Chai.

Love, Love, Love.

Starbucks will do in a pinch but if I have my choice, it's going to be Kataluma Chai, traditional spiced, with light soy milk, blended.

That's all. Nothing fancy. No added syrups or the cinnamon they send with the package.

In the spring and summer, my blender, the chai, and milk do a happy dance with ice cubes.

In the fall and winter, my microwave warms it up post blender.

My own little slice of heaven in the morning and throughout the day if needed.

I remember the first one I had. It was with T at the Silverdale Mall. We stopped by the store on a whim. So glad we did.

But now I am hooked and have become a chai elitist some people in my life have come to say.

Hey, by now y'all know if I like something and can afford it, I'm gonna' buy it.

I am not going to settle unless I have to.

In the world in which we were fortunate and blessed enough to be born in and live, we are given choices.

I simply choose to exercise that freedom.

So what if I have to place a mail order to get my fix?

How about you? What's your happiness in a cup? Your little slice of heaven?

3 comments:

Webmiztris said...

Iced Coffee. No squirt of this and a shot of that. Just iced coffee. I don't even care what brand it is (although Starbucks is REALLY good). :)

kimmyk said...

sugar free decaf marshmallow latte with whip creme. it's like warm goodness and desert all rolled into one. or if it's cold i'll take an iced coffee with a shot of vanilla and one sweet and low.

yum.

Unknown said...

Dammit! You don't talk about my Starbucks like that. I got a pistola and I know how to use it. Did you get rid of "Pete"? You've been mum about life and more about other stuff. Get back to the basics, Lady!