Friday, June 29, 2007

They Must Be His Wednesday Pants


Wednesday I was called to do my civic duty once again.
And once again, I was denied the chance to pass judgement in a court of law.
But I did get the chance to look around at my fellow citizens and pass judgement on them.
I arrive and first off I notice a guy from last week. No peeps, he wasn't hot. I am sure he is hot in someone's eyes but in mine? Not so much.
So me being me, notices not only is in he a long sleeve t-shirt and sweat pants again but he is in the exact same long sleeve t-shirt and athletic pants he was in last Wednesday.
Ok, ok. Let's pause for a moment and recognize we've done this before too at some point in our life.
{Pause}
Ok, back to my judgemental self. Not only is he in his black long sleeve t-shirt with red piping and in his red athletic pants with a black stripe, homeboy Don is carrying his black paperback manual looking book with red lettering.
Hey, he's matching his outfit with his book. I get it. I can appreciate it.
So, what book is is reading your might be wondering.
Pirates: A Historical Perspective.
I kid you not.
So then I get to thinking. Is he on the Pirates of the Caribbean bandwagon? Is he researching the subject for a paper, a thesis? Is he going back through his childhood fantasy and living it out now? Or is he freaky like that?
I really have to stop judging peeps. It's not very nice.
Lord only knows what he must of been thinking about me in my camel colored sleeveless sweater dress with the thin black belt, leopard print heels, black leather purse, and red leather girly briefcase.
But at least I wasn't wearing my Wednesday pants right?

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

He was prolly checkin you out thinkin' "Damn. Girl got it goin' on! Wish she'd walk on me with those leopard heels...yeah baby..." and he was probably adjusting his junk and nodding his head like " you know you want me baby in my hot Wednesday sweat pants....she wants to get sweaty with me I KNOW she does..." and then you looked at him and gave him that "You have got to be fucking kidding me wearin those same tired clothes again...get outta here with your nasty self.." and then you notice the book and think to yourself "arrgghhh" . [saying it like only a pirate can] Shake it off Mo. Shake it off.

Weirdos I tell ya. Wonder if he was chosen for jury duty? Maybe you're just too stylish for the likes of Courtroom B.

Mo said...

Kim,
You are cracking me up! It did go down kinda' like that so it makes it even funnier.

I'm not too stylish for courtroom B. All the cases kept getting settled before a trial started. I still want me some Law and Order action.