Friday, April 04, 2008

Let Us Remember


Today marks the 40th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination.
A life cut too short in my opinion.
I spent some time this morning in reflection.
Reading through this earlier I realized, like most great speeches of our time, the words are as powerful and on point today as they were 45 years ago.
We've come a long way but there is still more to overcome.
If not for his life's work, I wouldn't have the rainbow of friends I have.
For that, today as well as each day, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I still vividly remember my Moms reaction. Not really understanding what had happened but 5 year old me knew it was bad. NPR made me cry on my way to work this morning with thier coverage.

(Manstump was just having a little fun at your expense - sorry)

Monica said...

That was really nice Mo.

Have a great weekend. :)