Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Supa Sunday, 03.30.08

The details of my life, in addition to my natural tendencies, lend to planning weeks in advance.

Lately I have had last minute changes more than not.

Some good. Some not so much.

Regardless, each change has presented opportunities and the chances I spoke of earlier so all in all, it is all good.

Sunday was such a day.

I was supposed to have a brunch date. Instead, after some calls here and there, I ended up enjoying the day by going for a walk on the boardwalk with Maricel, her hubby, and my nephews.
Remember a few days ago we had snow, hail, wind, and bitter cold temps? Hopefully Sunday and the last few days are indicators spring is on the way in. Sunday was absolutely gorgeous!

After the walk we headed over to PetSmart. Kitty litter for me. Food for them.

Next up? A trip to Costco.

We shared a basket. Did you honestly think all that was for me?

Not only did we share a basket but we also split some items too; taters, onions, and pears to be exact.

We went in for spinach, maters, and flowers for me. Maricel and J were going to pick up a few items too.

Obviously, as is usually the case, we walked out with more. A lot more.

My final loot/purchases were red potatoes, broccoli, roma tomatoes, blueberries, asparagus, fresh spinach, honey jalapeno shrimp (fully cooked, tails on), edamame bowls, watermelons (two seedless), wild Alaskan halibut fillets, and fresh french green beans.

Maricel and J's purchases were very similar. No blueberries, shrimp, or halibut. They picked mahi mahi instead, bought the pears, onions, sweet peppers, and some organic spinach perfect for a side salad.

Did I forget anything Maricel? :)

There were no white flowers to choose from so I'm fresh flowerless so far this week.

Afterward we were famished and went for Thai. Maricel and I both ordered this, 4 star spicy style. Absolutely delicious spinach, prawns, red peppers, and steamed rice.


J bucked the table's trend and got something different.

Our waitress completely understood Spanky. She can hang with us anytime.

I rounded out the night by doing some work and doing basic preparation for the week.

Good times. Good times Y'all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Spanky!

kimmyk said...

beautiful pictures.
so jealous.

we have a costco here but i've never gone. it's brand new. i should go check it out. fresh veggies is on my new *cough* diet.

i want watermelon!

Brad said...

I feel like I gained weight just reading this post. Smooches Mo.

Mo said...

Liz,
It is a given you can hang with us anytime.

Kim,
Waiting to get the call saying, "Mo, I'm coming out..."

Our Costco has a great supply of fresh veggies and fruit.

Brad,
But it is all heart healthy. Smooches right back at you.