Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Hump Day


Can you believe it is already Wednesday?

I can't. I remember when I was a kid the days used to drag on and my Mom telling me to just wait because when I grew up I would want more hours in a day.

Boy howdy was she ever right!

The very first song I heard this morning was Boogie Shoes by KC & the Sunshine Band. I take this as a sign I am to take on the day grooving.

"I Want To Put On My My My My My Boogie Shoes Just To Boogie With You, Uh Huh"

You are singing it now too aren't you? Mmm hmmm. I thought so. Don't even try to deny it. I see you shaking your groove thing too.

I have a long day ahead and tonight to look forward to.

Wednesday nights, for the time being, have become girls night in at my place. We get together for a home cooked dinner, possibly a drink or two, Nip/Tuck, Real Housewives, and spend some QT together.

Tonight we will be 6 strong. Angie, Kyla, Mars, Mel, Steph, and me.

I'm making Italian Chicken in the crockpot over angel hair pasta. Angie is bringing the salad, Mars is on sweet treat patrol, and Mel is in charge of drinks.

Whatcha' got going on today? Other than putting your boogie shoes on?

Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Sounds like a good nite Mo!

We are currently snowed in-11 inches of snow mixed with inches (YES! INCHES) of freezing rain/ice and then we've got more on the way! So we are snowed in. I got the call at 5:30am that I didn't have to go to work since we are under a snow emergency and so I took advantage of the day and cleaned, did laundry, homework and now I'm off to the grocery to get stuff to make comfort food as Jamie is craving chili and cornbread. I'm gonna do some baking later too I do believe.

I don't like the snow, but every now and then...I do. Like today!

Enjoy your girls night in!

KathyA said...

We had some real pretty snow yesterday and then came the ice...so today I'm cleaning off my desk and yearning for warmer weather, ignoring (or trying to ignore) my serious cabin fever.
Enjoy boogying today. In fact boogie for me. I'd try but probably land flat on my ass. And let's face it...it's hard enough to look dignified on one's feet.

Brad said...

One of my brushes with fame was meeting KC & The Sunshine band at the Hilton - WAY WAY long ago.

Smarmy guys who were trying to pick up a GF of mine.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, now I can't get that damn song out of my giant head. thanks for that.