Monday, January 19, 2009

Share the Dream, Live the Reality

Today we honor the great Dr. King.
I am very thankful for his vision, sacrifices, life's work, and for paving the way for us.

I am also grateful for my mother and family teaching me to love equally and to welcome people into my life based on the character of the person versus the color of their skin.

This life long lesson is evident in my chosen family and circle of friends. When we all get together we represent multiple walks of life, color, and nationalities.

This is something not too long ago that would have been frowned upon.

We've come a long way but we're not entirely all the way there.

But for now, I celebrate where we are.

Peace and Love Peeps.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Such exciting promise!
Born in 1951, I remember the March on Washington and the days JFK, MLK, & RFK were killed.
Can you imagine what these men would think if they 'came back?'

fiwa said...

And it makes today all the more exciting!