Friday, August 11, 2006

Shake and Bake



Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Go see it. Seriously. We laughed our asses off. Ok, it was post a happy hour but I know I would have been laughing regardless. Baby Jesus. Love it. :)

So, let's see what else can I talk about today?

Had a good day at work yesterday professionally but personally, someone pissed me off. It's been a long time since I let someone get to me that way.

I think this is what made me even more out of sorts. I'm almost completely over it today. By tomorrow, it will be done and this girl will have made peace with it and moved on.

T, I have officially killed Pete the Pelican. Let someone else be the owner. It's soooooo not worth the aggravation, the squawking. I know, I know. I owe you a call now don't I? Call me when you are home and I'll fill you in.

Oh, and T, thank you so much for the email on what I can and can't carry on the plane with me. You read my mind! I'm too irritated to write about this right now. I understand security measures, which ultimately is what it is all about, but this is totally going to change the way I pack.

Hell, now I have to check bags and from what CNN showed SeaTac looked like yesterday, I'm going to have to leave 3 hours before every flight until things settle down. Great. Just great.

Ok, back to something more pleasurable. Peeps were in from out of town and it was Thursday night so we got our groove on at a local watering hole.

To the bartender. I can tell the difference. Please don't dare to charge me for Grey Goose and substitute it with nasty, bottom shelf vodka. I'll call you out every single time. Bow down to my taste bud greatness. I'm a pro dontcha' know? :)

After HH is when two of us decided to go see the movie. It was the perfect way to end the night/begin the morning. Of course, I paid for it when I only got about 4 hours of sleep and headed down to the Rose City for the planning session. But you know what? I'm living this life only once right?

It's a good thing I've got nothing planned for the weekend because the next couple of weeks are going to be hell for Mo. I've got my work cut out for me.

It's all good. I've been in this place before and I am sure it won't be the last time I find myself here. I usually come out way ahead but I feel like this one is going to be a little more stressful than normal.

The good news? I'm home based for at least two of the weeks and the one week I am on vacation, I'm going to see my girl JP!

The weather is supposed to be warm and sunny this weekend so y'all know where I'll be. Poolside baby! The temps have been getting cooler each day and the sun is setting sooner daily so I have to take advantage while I still can.

What are you going to do this weekend?

For now, I'm feeling funky so I'm heading to bed. The fur babies must be feeling funky too. Princess has hacked up twice in 30 minutes, taken a poo 1x, and Jasmine has left me a present by the door too. Is there something in the air or what? I mean I know there is a meteor shower happening but dang, that's a lot of body functions for them. Heck, for anyone.

Peace and love peeps.

1 comment:

annabkrr said...

You know that Talladega is in OUR Talladega, right? I'm sure it says so in the movie. Rilee and Shawn are headed to see it tonight.

You are your bloggin' initials DRIVE me nuts woman! If you ain't gonna tell names, make some up or somethin'!! I'm beginning to think these people are on the lam or listed on the FBI's most wanted.
:)