Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Stew

Not much going on around here. I boycotted football today. Until tonight that is. I caught the last quarter of the game in which the Seahawks took down the Cardinals. The offensive line still looks weak but we'll take the win. Now the question is, will the Cowboys rule supreme over the Redskins?

Thank goodness Texas beat the heck out of Rice yesterday. I don't think I could have taken another week of hearing crapola about the Longhorns. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes won too so a certain someone still has bragging rights.

But if the Cowboys win tonight, it is sooooo on because his Buccaneers got their butt kicked by the Falcons.

**EDITED**: Cowboys won 27-10. I get to talk trash come Tuesday! :)

I spent the afternoon shopping. I needed food and desired creative inspiration. I've lost my creating mojo lately. I just can't get motivated. And hey if you go shopping, you can avoid household chores for a little bit longer. I'll finish those up in a minute. Love to finish a Sunday night up with light cleaning and laundry. Oh what fun.

I'd love to tell you I found great stuff but not today. I only went to Impress, Target, and Costco. It was a true errand kind of day. But y'all know I can't walk past the books and not pick something up right?

Hi. My name is Mo and I have an addiction to books.
**HI MO**

That wouldn't be such a bad support group to be in would it?

So, I got Running with Scissors at Target (thanks for the recommendation JP) and Inside My Heart at Costco. I'm interested to know what Robin McGraw has to share with us. Maybe we'll get some dirt on Dr. Phil too.

Food. Don't go to Costco when you are hungry. I picked up some trash I normally wouldn't pick up and then scarfed on some of it when I got home. I'll be paying for it this week. You know. Beating myself up for eating 8 mini tacos. That's 16 grams of fat I didn't need.

Here's my rationalization. I didn't eat breakfast so it balances out somewhere. I know it really doesn't but if I tell myself enough times maybe I will start to believe it.

So far it is not working, only because I was out of light soy milk so I stopped at Starbucks so they could make my chai tea this morning. If I make it, I can control the amount of calories I ingest. They make it and who knows the combo. All I know was it was tasty and it was a nice treat to have someone else make it today.

Of course, everyone and their friend had the same idea and the Starbucks I frequent was packed. Wall to wall people. No room to move. We Seattle people take our fix seriously when the weather gets cool and the sky turns gray.

Target. I think I will stay with the one I normally go to. The one in Tukwila let me down, except for the people watching.

T, here she is in all of her glory.


Ok people I know it is not right to judge others. But this one I couldn't help making an assessment on. I'm thinking she is either very confident, doesn't give a crap, is on the cutting edge or a combo of all of the above. One thing is for sure, I'm not sporting that hair color. No matter how much I like fall and fall colors.

Oh, and the egg toaster thing was not on sale at this location. It looks cool and something I might pick up one of these days.

Impress. Got 5 stamps and some envelopes. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be inspired this week. I know I'll at least make a quick trash talking card with the football stamp.


That's about it folks. Real exciting huh?

Oh, and before I forget, I called to ask my nephew, who turns 17 this week, what he wanted for his birthday. Oy! 17. I remember the day he was born. It goes by so quickly doesn't it? Anyway, I find out today he wants money. Duh. I should have known. That's not the surprising part.

Surprise Aunt Mo. Your nephew not only got a car but he got a car that costs more than yours. My baby boy is running around town in a Z3 BMW!

He's a great kid. Straight A's, killer soccer player, responsible, caring, etc. My brother and his wife can afford the payments and insurance but at his age? You get a car like that? What's the kid got to look forward to you know? Hey, big bro. You want to buy me one of those?

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

OMG don't let my son hear your nephew got that car-he's all about the "super sweet 16 get me a nice car for my bday like they do on MTV" deal.

i didnt know you did the whole stamping thing. that's pretty cool..but how do you find the time?

SuburbanMom said...

Ack! so much to comment on :)
16 grams of fat isn't so bad...I once ate an entire pint of ben & jerrys'. That was 88, yes 88 grams of fat :0

Mo said...

Kimmy,
I have not found the time lately. I can whip out a quick card in five minutes or less but that's only been happening once in a while. Me thinks this weekend I will hole up for an afternoon with football in the background and stamp away. I owe a lot of people some cards and I do miss the creative outlet.

I'm still floored he is sporting around in a BMW. Sheesh.

Katherine,
88!?! Wow! Ok, now the 16 doesn't seem that bad but really it was 16 I could do without.

annabkrr said...

You can make a card in 5 minutes? It takes me that long to decide which color cardstock I wanna use, and another hour to pick my stamp.

Then again I'm neurotic OCD.

:)

But I have made ONE Halloween card. LOL