Sunday, September 10, 2006

Updates

Ok, so by now we all know The Ohio State Buckeyes won. It was a great game, if you were going for the Buckeyes. My thought? Secretly I felt Texas wasn't going to come out ahead for this match up. But you know what? The season is still early.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the shinding. I wasn't the only Texas fan. As a matter of fact, fan base was even. Made for some interesting trash talking. I'm a little bit poorer but that is the chance one takes with a bet right?

Pete the Pelican and I remain on good terms. The trash talking continued after the game and was still going on this afternoon. I wonder how long that's going to last? We even did some wrassling to see who was superior. It's still even. Never underestimate the girl who grew up as a tomboy and with 4 brothers.

A public apology is in order.

To Pete: I am sorry I kneed you in the groin. I swear it was an accident. Just like I know you banging my head on the arm of the couch was an accident. You have to admit it was pretty funny they happened one after the other and we were both rolling on the floor in pain.

I thank you for the dances afterward. It made it all ok, which you knew it would. Moonlight, tunes, slow dancing on the deck, throbbing in all the wrong places. I am very happy we both have a sense of humor about these things. And who knew we'd fit like that? Not everyone can spin so effortlessly. Until next time...

Now for Sunday game watching. What an interesting game for the Seahawks and the Cowboys. That was some feisty and fierce stuff going down. I was on the edge of my seat more times than I could count today.

I'm footballed out from the weekend. I won't be watching Monday night's game for that reason plus the fact I have a super early flight Tuesday morning.

In case anyone is wondering, the vet called this morning. Jasmine is doing much better. Prelim tests indicate she has a UTI and the beginning stages of kidney disfunction. We'll still know more tomorrow after additional tests and X-Rays but it looks like in addition to getting a Lysine pill each day, she'll have some additional long term care in order.

I'm good with that and am praying there isn't anything more seriously wrong with her. She's not a kitten anymore and there is no telling what her life was like before I adopted her so whatever happens comes with the territory. I just can't believe it's happening.

I'll try to keep you posted from the road. Tomorrow is going to be a very hectic day (love me some quarter close action and a ton of conference calls) and like I shared previously, I have an extremely early flight Tuesday. But hey, that's what wireless access in the airport is for right?

Please, for me, keep the love kitty in your thoughts.

My bed is calling my name, not to mention Princess. She's pretty needy tonight. Can't blame her. I take her sister away and leave her alone for over 24 hours. And I am pretty sure she knows I'll be leaving her again shortly for a few days. At least she didn't get locked in the cabinet this time.

Hope things are well in your world. Peace and Love Peeps.

2 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

Thanks so much for the iPod comment. At this point I need all the help I can get! Btw, great blog...even if you weren't rootin' for the Bucks :)LOL I may live in Alaska now, but I'll always be an Ohio girl at heart, what can I say!