Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What A Day

There are days traveling is not so much fun. Today would be one of those days.

Allow me to break it down for you.

Awake at 4:00 AM to start the day. Flight is scheduled for a 6:50 AM departure so Mo gets to get up nice and early.

Arrive at Masterpark to find huge line of cars ahead of me. Almost don’t make it in to the lot but hey, you’re a corporate gold member who spends a butt load of money with us so you, you can get in.

Hear mad people behind me want to know why I am being let in but they aren’t. I don’t blame you for being upset but do you have to yell and scream at me? Take it out on the attendant.

Get on van with about 10 people. 4 of which are panicky because OMG what if we’re late and miss our flight?

Folks, I assure you there is another flight for you if this happens. Just chill. Take it in stride. What is the worst that can happen? You’ll be stuck in the airport a little bit longer than you originally thought? You’ll get to your destination later than planned?

Dude, this is why there are book stores, food, massages, manicures, entertainment options available to and for you at the airport. It’s going to be ok. I promise.

I arrive to check my bag to find out my flight not only is delayed but I am being re-routed on a connecting flight. I despise connections.

But I think to myself hey, it’s all good. Now I have the time to eat breakfast. Watch the sunrise. Get some work done. Call and check on the love kitty. By the way, she is eating, her colon is empty, and it looks promising.

In case anyone is traveling through the Seattle-Tacoma International airport and would like to see a great view of Mount Rainier, may I suggest the table area by gate A10 and A11? It’s a very scenic view, especially with the sun rays hitting it first thing in the morning.

I chowed on an egg and cheese omelet. I chatted with the hottie TSA agent, Shawn, who waved me through the line, thanked me for my smile, for having the foresight to take off my shoes, for taking my laptop out of the briefcase, and not having any forbidden items in my bag.

Now here I sit on my butt, by my gate, without wireless access (grrrr), with the laptop on my lap, iPod rocking, and making eye contact with hottie #2. He smells delicious and the maroon button down, black suit, and Kenneth Cole shoes he’s wearing are making this girl purr. And ladies, he’s not wearing a ring.

This flight could be promising after all.

EDITED POST FLIGHT:
Fate intervened, somewhat. We ended up sitting next to one another on the flight but he was studying up on FAA regulations. He was on his way to his final pilot’s interview. We spoke briefly. I banged some more stuff out on the laptop. Gotta' respect the man who is focused right?

This connection wasn't meant to be.

Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

annabkrr said...

Never date a man named Shawn.

Bad mojo!!

LOL

Mo said...

Ha! You crack me up.

kimmyk said...

pisser hot dude wasn't on your flight.

Mo said...

No Kimmy! Hot dude not only was on my flight, he was in the seat next to me. :)

But we were both responsible adults. He studied. I worked. We chatted briefly. :(

Simply wasn't meant to be.