Sunday, September 28, 2008

All I'm Gonna Say...

... is things have a way of working themselves out.
No, I am not going to get deep and philosophical on you but I am going to share a story of how I came to remember this recently.
I was all kinds of excited, when upon calling my local stamping store, I was told they had this in stock and it would be waiting for me at the counter. I already had a design in mind for this year's Halloween greetings so off I went late Saturday afternoon.
Upon my arrival, I spied the stamp. To my dismay, it was tiny. My creative thought vanished in an instant. *poof* As quickly as it had appeared, it was now gone. Don't get me wrong. It is a perfectly good stamp but it isn't perfect for what I had in mind.

I decided to peruse the shelves to see what else was in the store and if anything might catch my eye. I have this thing about using a new stamp each year even though there are perfectly good ones in my stash that could be used in a new design. What can I say? I like to keep it fresh.

When I saw this, I was sold. Another design idea manifested itself in my mind's eye. However, it was not meant to be. They were temporarily sold out. At this point I started to wonder if I wasn't meant to return home and start at square one.

But then it caught my eye. I walked away from it. I came back to it. I walked away again. I came back to it again. I finally decided to go ahead and grab it.

This year's selection is edgy. It has elements appealing to (I hope) both men and women as there will be some cards sent to men only. It is kinda tattooish; {is that even a word?} Let me just say it is completely different than either of the previous choices noted above.

After playing around with the image, accents, color choice, and placement for a few hours over the course of the last 24 hours, I have finally decided on this year's "creation". Some of ya' might be happy to know I am using one of my previous stamps too. A combo of the old and the new.
And I am keeping it simple.
Sometimes the crafty creative flow can be a process but it is a process I thoroughly enjoy. Playing with inks, papers, and when the rubber meets the paper, it's really good for this girl's soul.
Peace and Love Peeps.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Look who drunk a tall glass of "get up and go". You did.

Yellow Beads said...

Hey Mo, I have an award for you on my blog--check it out girlie!

Brad said...

Hey Sweets - I put another coat on my [atio table this weekend, that's as close to creativityt as I got. At least it's starting to look yellow! -

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ok, my question from your earlier post is "how can I get on your Halloween greeting card list?" :)

fiwa said...

I like that quote Mo. Enjoy making your cards. :)

Cheryl said...

I'm so envious that you have Impress near you. I love their stamps. They have so many classes. Jealous is a better word.

I've been looking for Christmas stamps. I'd love to get a jump start.