Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Keepin' It Real

Some of you already know this about me.

I have a shoe thing.

I love me some shoes.

Most girls do right?

I feel a good pair of shoes can make the plainest of outfits slammin'.

A great pair of heels can make you feel it.

The right fit, the right look, and you'll be working it like nobody's business.

All this being said, I have what I refer to as a dumping ground. A shoe graveyard if you will.

The first thing I do when I walk in the door is hang my keys up, put my purse, briefcase, and whatever else I am lugging up 25 stairs down, and kick off my kicks.

This is a representation of yesterday's into this morning graveyard; post chillaxin' with the peeps on a Monday because this is how we do.
You can tell from the picture the kind of day I had. If you're in my space, this is a dead giveaway of where I have been and what I have been doing.

And nope, I didn't stage the picture. I let the soldiers fall where they may.

First up, was a work out. I'm tight with the treadmill at 5:45 AM these days.

Next, are the shoes I wore to work. I can move 12+ hours in those bad boys.

Finally, the standby and most comfortable pair of heels I own and wear often. So often I have a pair for afterhours and an almost pristine pair for work.

Have no fear. My OCD takes over at the end of or beginning of most days. After they have aired out, I place them in their respective boxes in the closest, which are stacked according to size and type.

You knew I didn't leave them out for days on end right?

My question dear internets this fine day is do you have a dumping place of your own? If so, what would we find there?

It's all about keepin' it real today. There a'int no shame in your game.

Don't be shy now. Share. I wanna' know.

Peace and Love Peeps.

9 comments:

Brad said...

One pair of sandels worn in all seasons.

Including snow.

Wear said sandels until falling off feet or the begin to smell.

Walk into shoe vendor (Nordy's Rack to Piggly-Wiggly, doesn't matter) find replacement sandels.

Leave old dead soldiers with vendor to dispose.

Repeat.

(7+ years now)

Unknown said...

Clean that crap up.

Cheryl said...

You wouldn't believe my shoe collection. Two favorite flat sandals for summer plus Teva flip flops. Black clogs for winter. The same pairs for years now. You got it...not a shoe person. It's all about what's comfortable standing for my job all day.

I dump my bra on the floor behind my closet door. It stays there till I put it on the next day. Shameful, but I'm keeping it real.

CrystalChick said...

OMG I dump stuff all over the house. I do try to put it all in it's proper place eventually even though eventually could be like a week or a month later or a year later.
As for shoes.... I prefer that everyone take theirs off on our sun porch before coming into the house although our dogs have really made a mess of the carpet with dirt from outside and dog bone stains, etc. so you could leave with dirtier socks than you came in with. But that's beside the point. lol

Sooo....there are ALOT of shoes on our porch belonging to the 6 people that live in my house but
only 2 pair are mine. Sneaks and sandals.
In my closet I have boots for winter, an extra pair of sandals I bought for a trip later in the year, and some clogs that don't fit. That's it. No wait, I have some big slippers. I used to wear heels. These days I don't walk well in barefeet let alone anything spiky. I'll leave that you younger, more fashionable chickies. ;)

Monica said...

One of the best things I've done is to put a three tier shoe rack inside my coat closet (which is to the right of the front door). Shoes worn often go in there, and the rest go back into their respective rooms. So much better than seeing them out or tossing them into a basket (what we used to do).

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh man, this cracks me up. I dump my shoes at the front door, in my bedroom, at the foot of the bed but I'm bad because I don't put them back at the end of the day. My husband counted 12 pairs that he had to put away once when he was straightening up for me.

L said...

Ahhhh shoes. Did you see the commercial where the shoes are falling from the sky? Yup, it's my dream.

Yellow Beads said...

I "dump" things in front of my dresser...mostly clothes that need to be hung up or dry cleaned.

Charlene said...

Nope the first thing off of me is the boob holder...hate them things