Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God Loves Country

Who: Paolo, Courtney, and Mo

What: Catch Up Dinner and Drinks, Meet and Greet, Early Birthday Celebration

When: Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where: The Rock

You may be asking yourself why the title of this post is God Loves Country.

Simply put, there we were. Enjoying the amazing weather. Enjoying each other's company. Partaking in some grub and a drink or two while chilling on the patio. Above of us is street level in which traffic was relatively heavy due to the time of the evening we met {insert rush hour}.

Out of nowhere, and from above, blaring for all to enjoy was some country music. Serious country music. The light was long. The music was a tad annoying. We decided right then and there God MUST love country.

You've been introduced to Spanky. Allow me now to add Pacomo to the mix. So far I have not killed him. This is saying something y'all as I do not have the world's greatest green thumb when it comes to house plants.

Every morning Pacomo and I have a little conversation while I am feeding the kitties and making my chai tea latte. It must be the stimulating conversation keeping him alive and kicking. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Thanks Paolo and Courtney for helping to celebrate my day and for the gift that keeps on giving. No more waiting 6 months before we get together again a'right?
Oh, and a trick Paolo shared with me...when taking pictures with the flash on, place piece of napkin or something similar over the flash on the camera and viola! Doing so adds an instant bit of warmth to the image captured versus being too bright. You can see the outcome of such action in the above picture. Thanks buddy!

Food for the night consisted of appetizers. A glass of wine for Courtney, a beer for Paolo, and a vodka tonic for me.


Yum-o!

Outstanding company. Great food. Good times. Blessings indeed!

Some of the things I live for and am grateful to abundantly have in my life.

Peace and Love Peeps.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I pretty sure that trick doesn't really work all the time. I'd like to see my black ass look warm in a night picture without flash. Next trick please.

Moohaa said...

I'm going to have to try that camera trick. My camera stinks anyway, so anything has to help.

It looks like you had a lovely time!

Unknown said...

m

Unknown said...

love the post.

Hope you are well. And I have intentionally not listened to country since- I'm expecting there will be enough once I get to the other side....

And ace you're in Vegas! lots more tricks down there :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hah. Ace's comment hilarious. Well, another good time for Mo. Sounds perfect. Vodka & Tonic, the grub and friends. Awesome!!!! Living it through you.

Yellow Beads said...

Oh man, those pictures just got me HUNGRY!