Monday, June 12, 2006

By Request

Taking a moment to capture the purchases from the day yesterday.



I was disappointed with the lack of Father's Day ideas. I was hoping to be inspired but no such luck. I was however inspired by the notch and die cutting tool by Basic Grey. How could you not be when the storage box looks like this?



I know it is just a tin box but I think the design is fab. I can't wait to play around with the tool. I asked for a demonstration at the store and what they showed me equates to endless possibilities with so many projects. Can the weekend hurry up and get here so I can play?

The best find of the day? This.


Now you might be asking yourself why would this be the best find of the day? She went out for stamping stuff and says a St. Francis statue is the best find of the day.

This is why. My mom had a gorgeous St. Francis bird bath outside of her dining room window. We spent countless hours at the table chatting, creating, eating, laughing, crying, relaxing...you know, living life.

I can't begin to tell you how enjoyable it was to look out the window and see the bird bath. It didn't matter if there were birds in it or not. Simply by being it was appealing for our family.

After I wandered through the usual spaces in JoAnn's, I found myself drawn to the garden section and came across the statue. I simply had to have it, especially with the sale going on.

Now I can look out my window and see my very own St. Francis statue. It by no means compares to hers (which is now in the company of my brother) but it is a piece of our history. It makes my heart sing.

3 comments:

annabkrr said...

Glad you found something that makes you feel closer to your mom. That's very special.

Can't see the stamps dang it!!You know I'm blind and need close ups.

kimmyk said...

Ohhhh stamping...and scrapbooking and I read Basic Grey and my eye twitched. We just had a buy one get one free sale here on paper.....arrgghhh!!! I'm hooked.

My mom has that bird bath--she loves it! Very cool !

Mo said...

Anna,
Did you double click the picture? It's a pretty crappy picture to begin with.

Nothing too exciting; a circle stamp, fireworks, a father montage, a coffee cup with a heart. Trust me when I say you aren't missing much.

KimmyK, I'm just getting into the Basic Grey craze. They have some really cool stuff. I hope you stocked up on your sale.

Your mom has great taste. LOL.