Monday, June 05, 2006

Worth the $ and Monday Madness



Snuck in an afternoon flick of the movie yesterday and am so very glad I did. This movie, of which I had low expectations, delivered. It was hilarious! Show me a woman who hasn't been in the places this movie takes you. It was dead on, right on, and on point. Get what I'm trying to say here?

I recommend you go see it if you get the chance.

Onward to Monday madness....
Mad love to the powers that brought the long awaited energy machine to the break room. I've quietly asked for such a machine once or twice. It's a gold mine just waiting to happen. Untapped financial potential. A way to increase productivity. And let's keep it real here shall we? A way to make this girl happy when my arse is dragging.

I never thought it would happen. Wonders never cease. It happened. I walked into the break room to get some water, turned around, and literally jumped for joy and let out a squeal. Thankfully I was alone; that could have been a little awkward if I hadn't been alone. It was just me and the machine. I about hugged the piece of machinery when I saw the price. Cheaper than the 7-11 down the street. $1.50 for one of these. A cold one at that.



I must restrain myself from getting one a day. Only when I'm dragging will I allow myself to indulge. They are not the healthiest things to be putting in your body. But I do have to take this moment in time to say I love, love, love the men in my life who made this happen. Thanks JLo and the Pepsi guy.

That was the good madness of my Monday. The true madness of my Monday came in the form of a person screaming out for a sign. Remember back in the day when someone would do or say something that was just plain ridiculous, stupid...deserving of the phrase, "Here's Your Sign"? It was one of those conversations that almost pushed me over the edge, to cause me to hide under my desk so no one would see or hear me in a very unprofessional state of mind.

Background on the situation is I needed something updated in the database our corporate accounting department manages when working on resolution issues with people like me. I called with a request for what we call a service to be updated with some information. Keep in mind as you read this it was a request for an update to an existing, open service.

Corporate M: Hi M. How can I help you today?

Me: Hi. I am calling in on service 201201. Is Sharon available?

Corporate M: No, she is on another call. Can I assist you?

Me: Yes, can you update service 201201 for me? Sharon is in the process of researching the misapplication of funds for the document referenced in the service. I'd like to request an image of the check in the amount of $212.32 be emailed to me once she restores the image. We have a lot of outstanding cash right now and it would be very helpful to see what and where the $212.32 should be applied toward.

Corporate M: Can you hold on for me?

Me: Sure.

So I hold for about 4 minutes and get the pleasure of hearing Mariachi music. WTF? Mariachi music. At a Cinco De Maya party or over a margarita I can dig the tunes. Heck, I'll even rock them. But on a Monday afternoon? Umm, Ok, Whatever.

Corporate M: Umm, I've reviewed the service and nowhere in the database does she have referenced sending an image to you. As such, I can't help with this request.

Me: Umm, I understand. This is why I am calling. I'd like to request a copy of the image be sent to me. I'm asking for the service be updated with the request.

Corporate M: I'm sorry M. I can't update the service because she doesn't have that in the service.

Me: Can you ask Sharon to call me tomorrow?

Corporate M: You can call back tomorrow.

Me: *Trying to maintain composure * Will you confirm Sharon's last name is *******? I'll email her.

Corporate M: I suppose I can do that. It is *******.

Me: Thanks.

Corporate M: You are welcome.


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Hey corporate M, here's your sign.

I know reading this it doesn't seem like much or enough to put me over the edge. Unfortunately most all of my calls to our corporate HQ go something like that. I'm giving corporate M the benefit of doubt. It was late. She might be new to the process. I'm asking God for forgiveness. I shouldn't want to give her a sign. She deserves the benefit of the doubt. I'm trying here. Really I am.

No comments: