Sunday, June 25, 2006

From the River on the 1st Day of Summer

This captures our night. Wish you had been with us.

We had dinner on the river at this brand new, tucked away in a national forest restaurant called Riverview. This place is going to do tremendous business I tell you. The treat for the night? Other than the weather, the scenery, the company? Mr. Yoshida of Yoshida soy sauces and such was dining next to us. He was a hoot.




On the spur of the moment boss man tells us there is a point he goes to right up the road we should go check out to watch the sun set. We were very glad we did. Simply can't beat the views! Here's Chanticleer Point.



Love that this lady was taking advantage of the scenery, the lighting, and showcasing her talent.



A perfect way to top off the day. Sunset from Vista House at Crown Point.



We were all impressed with the night so far. Taking it in. Breathing. Relaxing. Then boss man tells us the world famous Multnomah Falls are 15 minutes away. Naturally, we had to go.



It was 9:30 PM and we were all in business attire so there was no hiking up to the bridge to get the full effect of the falls. Not this trip anyway. Now that I know how close they are to the office I'll plan on squeezing them in on another trip down south.

3 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

Oh my god - those are beautiful!!

that is totally my type of place ;)

Kelsgarden said...

20 minutes from my house - we love to make the drive! Glad you enjoyed!

Mo said...

Kel,
You are one lucky individual! I'd be there almost every day if I lived so close.