Saturday, June 03, 2006

Happy Saturday

I'm off to a housewarming, promotion, graduation bbq this afternoon. Let's hope the rain stays away and a $50.00 gift card is enough to honor these accomplishments and milestones in one of my former manager's and his wife's life.

They aren't registered anywhere and you know when you ask a guy is there anything you need or want for the house you're not going to get that much of an answer right? I was surprised when he said a gift card from Target. Now that is something this girl can do and relate to!

I realized I've worked with him and he's had a dotted line back to me for three years and other than basketball, hip hop music, being a Husky, and his religious orientation I don't know him all that well. I've met his wife at the occasional holiday party and don't know much of anything about her. I feel like a butthead because there are people I've worked less with and know more about.

So, off I go...hope everyone has a great Saturday afternoon. Peace.

3 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

He *told* you he wanted a gift card?? Now that is too funny :)

kimmyk said...

Sometimes it's best to know nothing about the our coworkers. That's just my opinion. Sometimes their lives are just too different for me.

Mo said...

Katherine, I thought so too. :)

KimmyK, I agree. Sometimes it is best. For more reasons than one. It just struck me as odd since he's based out of the same facility I am. Of course, I do spend more time away than in the building.