Friday, October 26, 2007

$4 and Peekaboo




You might be wondering what those images have in common right about now.
Let me set the scene for you.
Thursday night.
Happy Hour.
New peeps joined us.
Cute boy playing pool in league play in our direct line of vision.
New peep undressing said cute boy with her eyes.
Talk turns to him obviously.
Conversation leads to what type of underwear he is wearing.
Steve thinks he saw red. Kaitlyn says commando. Kristin says boxer briefs.
At this point I am butt ass tired and want Steve to finish his beer so I can go home.
I decide to put an end to the debate and find out what exactly he is wearing.
I trek to the bar and ask them to send a Bud Light his way. Let him know it comes with a price. I have a question to ask him.
I pay my three dollars plus tip and wait for him to approach.
Impatience sets in and I walk up to him.
I say, "I hope you enjoy your beer. Sorry to interrupt your game. I have a question."
He, whose name is Jason, replies, "Thanks. Is it am I gay? I get asked that a lot."
I reply, "No, that is not the question. My friends are trying to determine what type of underwear you are wearing. Boxer briefs, commando, or boxers and if they are red."
He smiles and says, "They are striped boxer briefs. See."
And he proceeded to lift up his t-shirt, pull the band of his striped gray and black boxer briefs up over his pushed down jeans.
I told her she should have just bought the guy a drink.
I made my way back to the table, reported in, and they were all like "I can't believe you just did
that. That takes guts."
Y'all know by now I will talk to anyone.
We are all people.
I figure the worst that could happen would be he wouldn't answer the question and I would be out four bucks.
I did it because I wanted the chatter to stop, I wanted to leave, make it home, talk to T, and go to sleep.
Oh and before you start wondering, I was stone cold sober. I don't need liquid courage.
The next time you are wondering, want to approach someone...go for it. What's the worst that can happen?
Peace and Love Peeps.
Photo credit:

5 comments:

Summer said...

You're my hero.

Unknown said...

Wow

kimmyk said...

'atta girl.
Shoulda asked said cute boy for his number then too. Maybe next time.

Mo said...

Y'all are funny.

Unknown said...

"Thanks. Is it am I gay? I get asked that a lot." Too Funny.