Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fall Goodness

We might have skipped fall and gone right into winter.

Normally we get at least a couple of "Indian Summer" days.

This year? Not so much.

The rains have arrived. The cooler temps and blustering winds came in too.

The temps are well below average.

Snow in Stevens Pass. Snoqualmie may get some tomorrow.

It is all good.





All of the above pictures were taken this afternoon as I arrived home from being a big girl and getting the emissions test done on my vehicle.

In case you ever wondered what it looks like around 4:50 PM on an October afternoon in the area of the country known to be gray, rainy, and depressing, here you go.

What does your part of the country look like? Similar? Vastly different?

Personally, I see the beauty in this time of the year and embrace it. Relish in it.

We have seasons here. Seasons that are clearly defined. Seasons I didn't get to experience as a child growing up in the great state of Texas.

As I type this, I am wearing a pair of black lounging pants, black softie socks, a long sleeve white shirt, and a black short sleeve shirt over the long sleeve shirt. I am under a fleece blanket. There is a mug of decaf vanilla chai tea in front of me. I hear the soft sounds of rain drops falling on the roof. Candles are lit.

Nice huh? There is room for you too. Just don't ask me to turn on the heat. Not just yet...

4 comments:

wendy said...

hmmm, sounds peaceful and serene!

I for one don't need too many seasons, I grew up in Chicago, hello extreme! But I do like the season change when I can wear sweaters, jackets, and boots. =) Lucky for me, we don't get too extreme here.

kimmyk said...

i dont know why but when i look at your pictures and hear bout the snow up in the mtns. my heart feels heavy and sick and sad. i miss seattle.

isn't it funny how a person can go someplace just once and *KNOW* that's where they belong? I belong there.

Oh sorry to call you so early when I looked at my clock ticker thing on my blog I noticed you left a comment at like 4 something my time. then i realized it was like 1am your time and so i'm sorry if your phone rang at 5am this morning. Really sorry.

Monica said...

Love that weather. It's still pretty warm during the day here, but cool at night. I was talking to a dad at school today and they're planning on moving to Portland next year--I am a little jealous...so pretty up that way!

Mo said...

Wendy, Boots and sweaters are rock!!! I read an article saying the rest of the country was going to have a mild, warm winter. The PacNW is expected to be cold and wet. Oh joy.

Kim, Seattle misses you too.

No worries about calling early. I was up. My phone was charging in the kitchen and I was in the shower. Lets just say it not unusual to get early morning phone calls during the work week. I would have answered if I was closer.

Monica, I am glad you are getting cool temps at night. Great snuggle weather.