Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day Tripping


Bed after 1:00 AM.
Up at 5:15 AM.
Left for the airport at 6:30 AM.
Breezed through security, purchased a granola bar and USA Today from Hudson News, placed a few phone calls, listened to two people rant about their current project and co-workers.
Found myself staring at them and thinking, "Can it really be as bad as they make it out to be?"
Boarded a few minutes after 8:00 AM.
Spent the day assessing. Doing an investigation. Auditing. Listening. Coaching. Recovering funds.

Almost didn't make my flight back as I rounded out the day's trip by sharing a glass of wine with the manager I was visiting and his wife in their home.
Thanked the powers that be for holding the plane while I breezed through security and left 'em laughing instead of being grouchy like they had every right to be.
Home around 8:30 PM.
Will be asleep by 10:00 PM so I can get up and make it a good day.
Peace and Love Peeps.

3 comments:

wendy said...

I don't know how you function on such little sleep. You're going to have to share your secrets with me someday. =)

Glad you made it back!

kimmyk said...

life of a rockstar.

i couldn't do it.

Mo said...

Wendy,
No secrets. I do what I have to do. I am sleep deprived most always and tend to pass out Friday night. I know it is bad for you but most of the time I have no choice. Exercise, sugar, and tea help.

I did take a cat nap on the way home.

Kim, Rockstar? Not even close. ;)