Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tuesday Tales and Wednesday Ways

Y'all mark the day. I forgot my camera two days in a row. Not one day. Two days peeps. One after another.

Ahh, the horror!

This wouldn't have been such a bad thing if I didn't have a chance to capture one heck of a sunset on the Seattle waterfront Tuesday evening and of course the obligatory location and food shots both Tuesday and tonight.

Instead I have been resigned to finding photos on the internet and honestly, there is not much out there to choose from.


Tuesday I'm chilling at work. You don't believe that one for one minute do you? I was at work but chilling? Hmmm, not so much.

One of the managers from our Boise location, who used to be in the Seattle area, was in town. He didn't want to spend another night in a hotel room, working with sports on in the background so he called to see if I was free for dinner.

Just so happens I was. The last year and a half we have been missing each other in various locations so the idea of catching up over dinner sounded superb.

Even though I wasn't too keen on heading north to downtown at the end of rush hour, I embraced the journey and headed to Pioneer Square.

We had a fantastic dinner here. It was nothing short of amazing.

Great Italian food in a historic building, specializing in Southern Italian fare, romance, and wine.

Not much beats that.

Our waiter was an evacuee from New Orleans and let me tell ya', he had the accent to match. His service was attentive, polite and professional. No stone was left unturned. He made our dining experience a good one.

We shared a bottle of Chianti, an order of garlic bread, and each ordered the scallops with pesto sauce (there was a lot more in the dish but that is the gist of it), and shared a strawberry flambé with chocolate liqueur over ice cream.

Succulent. Mouthwatering. Nummy. Oh, and the company? It was as good as the dining experience.

After dinner we headed next door to grab a beer and continue catching up. You can read all about the establishment here.


What I assume to be the saloon's regulars were watching an episode of the Family Guy at the bar.

One of them had his yellow lab with him, on a leash, and the pup proceeded to hang out like it was his second home.

How cool is that?

It was unpretentious and offered up some great people watching.

Good times peeps. Good times.

Luckily I arrived home shortly before 11:00 PM and promptly crawled into bed to read a few chapters before falling deep asleep.

The alarm went off way too early as often is the case. Love me some 7:30 AM meeting start times really I do.

I spent most of the day in a meeting and thankfully got three major things crossed off of my to do list.

Unfortunately I was not able to connect with Kyla and crew to go dress shopping for her quickly approaching wedding or have dinner to celebrate Steph's birthday but I was able to have dinner with Maricel at a new eatery in town, the Thai Bistro.

Again no pictures to show you but she had the green curry with a spice factor of hot and I had prawns with garlic over spinach with a spice factor of hot. We both had brown steamed rice on the side.

Great company, good food, nice atmosphere, attentive service...Good times peeps. Good times.

We saw two people, a man and a woman, in a semi private booth sharing dinner. I have a tendency to feel sad for couples who are out together and don't say but a few words, if any, to one another. Do you know the people I am talking about? You know the ones who also don't make eye contact?

I'm not one to judge. I simply wonder how they arrived at the point in their relationship where the conversation stopped. When what I interpret to be unhappiness began.

I ask the question of how they got there and consider the possibilities. I was once there so I wonder and send thoughts, vibes, prayers, etc. in the universe for a change to come their way if it is what their heart desires. For peace, comfort, and strength to envelope them if needed.

As Maricel and I mulled over the menu, I noticed this couple was each reading a paperbook book while eating their dinner.

Now don't get me wrong. I love to read as much as the next person but out at dinner? With another person? Really?

Y'all there was no conversation going on. Just a book in front of their faces and dinner being consumed.

Hours later and I continue wondering about them. And putting the thoughts into the universe.

I rounded out the night by finishing up a few things around the home front while Pete slept on the couch.

Now Princess is snug as a bug in her blanket and Jasmine is snoozing at my feet.

We're off to bed because guess what? The alarm will be going off at 5:30 AM. No happy hour for me tomorrow. I have a business dinner at 5:30 PM.

It's good y'all. All good.

Hope things are good for you and yours as well.

Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

The coworker from Idaho...is he married? I'm just askin'!!

Why was Pete on the couch? I read that and was like "Whoa. Back up."

Sometimes Jamie and I just *be* at times in our relationship. We don't always talk when out-for the most part y'know we ramble on and on, but there are times we welcome the silence. I would never read a book out to dinner with anyone though. It is sad, but who knows...maybe they're happy that way? I couldn't be, but maybe she can....

Hope you're enjoying your book...

Mo said...

Kim,
You are too funny.

Yes, he is married.

Pete was on the couch because he came over unexpectedly. While I was at dinner with Maricel, he watched a movie and fell asleep.

Nothing happened. I know that is what you really want to ask. ;)

I'm with you. I couldn't be happy that way either.

The book is just now starting to get good. Thanks for asking.

kimmyk said...

Oh it never crossed my mind what you did with him, [Pete, not Idaho man] because if you came home and he was there as you said-obviously if it was something-you never would have left him there alone in the first place. I gotcha. But no, not what I was thinkin'.

Becareful there-sounds like it's getting blustery outside.

Unknown said...

I need sections lady. My eyes hurt. No more double postings.