Thursday, October 04, 2007

Random Bits and Pieces

Happy Friday! Can y'all believe how quickly this week flew by? I mean flew by. Remember when ya' were a youngun and the days seemed to go on and on. Like forever? Yea, me too. Now? Can a girl get a few more hours squeezed into the day?
Tonight Maricel, Channy, and I went to see
at our local discount theater.
I love discount theaters where the tickets are cheaper than renting a dvd. This cinema, although it is an older theater and not snazzy like the newer places, has tickets for just two bucks and if you go on Tuesday, only a dollar.
You just have to have the patience to not see movies when they first come out, which can be hard, but getting a movie, large popcorn to share with your peeps, and a big drink for less than the price of a ticket for a movie at the regular theater....waiting can be worth it.
Anywho, the movie was funnier than I thought it would be and as usual, there were parts where I was the only one laughing.
I want to talk about boots for a few minutes.
I finally found at the right price. Less than $20.00 at Costco. Unfortunately they were out of my size in cute polka dots, stripes, or plaid. The shiny black ones will go with just about everything so with the price being right, score!
Rain boots, wellies, galoshes...whatever you want to call them, are a staple for enjoying a pumpkin patch, for staying dry when being bombarded with lots of rain, for splashing around in puddles just because. These are all things currently a part of my life so getting a pair was in order.
And speaking of things being in order, I finally took my Uggs in for repair. A great big thank you to Nordstrom for replacing my beloved .
Notice anything different? What is that you say? Mo swapped them out for the short ones? Say it isn't so.
It is so.
My tall ones are a thing of the past. Mine couldn't be repaired (a small tear in the front) and they were out of the tall ones the day I went in. So, I stuck with the classic sand but in the short version on the switcheroo.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Nordstrom for staying true to your exemplary customer service, service agreement, and warranty. Y'all Rock!
Lookie what is running on empty?
It is not even Halloween and I am almost out of the candy corn. The little pumpkins are long gone.
For the record, I will not be refilling the dish with candy corn or little pumpkins. (Sorry T.) I think I will go with snack size chocolate this go around. Oh wait. That means I have to go to the store and y'all know how long this can take.
So I talked about my setting last night as I typed my entry. Tonight? This is on in the background. Did you know it is 23 years old? Classic! Ya' think iTunes has the soundtrack? I used to rock out to some of those songs back in the day.
And finally by request I give you a picture of me with the new hat I picked up during Saturday's shopping and errand excursion. Perfect for cool rainy days and nights. Wore it out tonight as a matter of fact and probably will wear it again tomorrow night too.
Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

i haven't seen a movie in the theatre in forever. stardust i think was the last one.

i need to get new boots. i should check out costco. we just got one here. i also need snow boots. i need to start thinkin' bout these things now. thanks for the reminder.

love love love the hat. it's very cute. i love your hair. do you use rollers or an iron? not that it matters really, my hair is a wild hot mess of curls. boing! have a great weekend. and oh yeah. candy corn and dry roasted peanuts together are my favorite!

Mo said...

Kim,
Glad I remind you. Winter is going to be here before you know it.

Thanks about the hat. I thought it was cute too.

My hair, for this picture, was after a day of work in which I did use hot rollers. My hair, if left on its own, is a mess of thickness with a wave.

I've never tried the candy corn with roasted peanuts. You are such an enabler.

Monica said...

Love the boots and hat--you look great! I need to head over to Costco for my fake Uggs. Wish I could get the real ones, but I'm too cheap. :)jhpkcgr

Mo said...

Thanks Monica! The fake Uggs are just as good. Rock em!