Monday, October 08, 2007

It's Nummy & Weekend in Review

Great weekend, with exception to the Horns and the Hawks losing. The Cowboys better do it right on Monday night football tonight. They are heavily favored. However, the Bills really want it and I fear the boys may be over confident going in. It is Monday night football so anything can happen.

First up, Friday. I headed over to Bremerton. Before we go further, let me introduce you to T.

I finally got a picture of her she is ok with me bringing to you live and in color.

T and I met via an online yahoo message board/navy wives support group. Our friendship really took off after September 11. Our husbands, like JP's, were all on the same aircraft carrier/ship, the CVN 70 - Carl Vinson, and were deployed on West Pac at this time.
JP and I met before this. She used to live below me and we instantly hit it off. Just like T and I did. Of course she thought I would never call her after the first time we met in real life. Now she can't shake me.
Anywho, T doesn't like her picture taken too much but I get to do so from time to time. Friday was one of those times I strong armed her into letting me snap her pretty mug.
We started off the evening with a . Originally we were going to head here and then go back to Red Robin to meet up with a group of gals T knows but due to me leaving late, time did not allow.
So, I suggested we hit the bar for a drink and some dip. I was a tad disappointed the Silverdale Red Robin did not have Grey Goose. WTF??? So I settled on Kettle One and T got a margarita.
There we are snarfing, and I mean snarfing y'all on the dip, and T says, "It's Nummy." She meant yummy but nummy came out. Lightweight. Love You. Mean it.
We finish our drink and dip in time to head off to meet the other women. It was all around. T selected the full size mushroom burger and I got the petite (yes Ace, the petite) cheeseburger with pepper jack cheese. It was eaten with a fork and knife as usual. It was nummy.
After dinner with the girls, we met so he could eat before we went to see .

Ace had and an order of "as hot as you can" . T had water and I had a goose and lemonade.

Then we went to Target and picked up some candy and some other necessary items before the flick, which by the way is funny. Inappropriate, out there humor again but good stuff.
A few other random shots from Friday for your viewing pleasure


I finally get Ace to take a picture without goofing and what do I do? Go and mess it up by covering up the flash.
How we roll. Jeans and ballet flats. What you don't see is we were both wearing the same black sweater too. There was one other lady at dinner wearing it too. Hey, great minds think alike right?

My hat was in the back seat so Ace took advantage as did I.


Saturday didn't turn out how I expected or planned. I was supposed to plant my arse firmly in front of my tv and watch some ball remember?
I did watch the games but it was at the local Cheers and then over at Pete's. Sadly the Horns did not win but it was a good game nonetheless.
Baby Jesus will you please give Colt back his confidence? He looks more like a freshman this year than he did last year. Thank you in advance.
After watching the game, I headed out and got stuck in traffic for quite some time. A major interchange was closed down due to this.
An explosion fueled by 8000 pounds of propane could have been a lot worse than it was. It is bad but it could have injured more and been devastation.
After I finally made it over in almost two hours for a trip that normally takes 30 minutes, we headed to the store to pick up some dinner fixings and pumpkins for the kiddos to carve.
Pete found this in the tater bin and me being me, had to take a picture.
We saw a heart but if your mind is in the gutter, you might see something else. And um, yea...the gutter visions came for us too.


A stencilled kitty with a spider, pumpkin innards, and a free hand classic jack 'o lantern.
After some hard good-byes, I headed home where T was waiting for me and promptly suggested we go get something sweet to eat.

Pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory way of a Barnes and Noble Cafe anyone?
It was frozen so we headed home, changed into jammies, lit some candles, and enjoyed the treat. T didn't finish hers so Jasmine went in for the kill.
Headed to bed after 1:30.
Sunday I was woken up by the meows from the love kitty and Princess pawing my back to let them out of the room around 7:37 AM.
See, I usually sleep with my bedroom door open and they come and go as they please but when someone is sleeping on my couch, I shut the door so they don't have to hear me snore or be woken up by Jasmine's early morning howls.
I tried to go back to sleep but they were having no part of it. Got up, started moving around, made breakfast, got ready, and headed out to Bellevue to pick up a Halloween stamp and run a few other errands.
Before we got crafty, we stopped for lunch and had
I love me a biscuit bowl from KFC. I love it even more when it comes on a cool, windy, rainy PacNW day like Sunday was.
We busted out some Halloween cards and T left for home. I took a nap and then met
for dinner at Jimmy Macs. We started by chowing . For the record, neither one of us touched the rolls.


We saved ourselves for and .
Paolo surprised me with a signed/autographed copy of one of Ali Edwards books, A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking.
Thanks again Paolo. You Rock!!!
Now you know what I did over the weekend. I hope yours, as I said before, was filled with things and people you love like mine was.
Next weekend I am hoping for some downtime and home cooked food.
Peace and Love Peeps.

7 comments:

kimmyk said...

good food, great friends? sounds like a fabulous weekend to me.

you are blessed!

oh yeah that cheesecake-holy crap!

so how was it hanging out with pete? were the girls there? [i know you said get punkins for the kiddos to carve but wasn't sure if they were there or not-if so i bet that was hard huh? hugs.]

hard goodbyes? ohhh my heart just aches. what didja two talk about?

Mo said...

I am blessed. I thank god every day for what and who I have in my life.

It was all good with Pete. The girls were there. That was where the hard good-byes really came in.

See Pete and I ran into each other Saturday early afternoon and that was when I said I would come over to watch the Florida-LSU and hopefully Ohio State-Purdue game (they didn't show it here).

It was a surprise for the girls and they wanted me to stay longer but the plans with Traci were already in place.

It was hard leaving all of them. But when you have a little girl hanging on to your leg and stealing your hat in an attempt to get you to stay, it is really hard.

He and I are supposed to do dinner Wednesday. Keep ya' updated.

Unknown said...

It looked like you guys had lots of fun!!! You're going need some time to relax. Hopefully, I'll see you tonight to rub you down:)

annabkrr said...

Reading about Red Robin and Target in Silverdale made me all nostalgic. That and you being able to wear a sweater when it's over 90 degrees down here.

Great pictures. Glad y'all had such a fun time.

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

Ok...I am totally starving now!!

Unknown said...

lol. too funny...remember always shave down there. No man likes a jungle.