Friday, October 19, 2007

Weekend Plans


Before we get to the weekend in review, lets talk about the windstorm.

Around 2:30 PM, when we were heading to lunch, it was fierce.
I was happy I chose to put my hair in a ponytail and had the insight to stop by Radio Shack to stock up on batteries.
I was pretty certain the power would be out as trees were snapping all around us.

It was nasty, really nasty, as the afternoon progressed and early evening set in.

Since we ate lunch late, my team member and I were not too hungry. We opted for a snack and a treat from Starbucks instead of dinner as planned.

We settled in at what some say is our second office, the newest Starbucks, which is down the street and around a few corners from the office.

Hey, less interruptions, wi-fi, and a relaxed atmosphere is conducive to getting a lot of work done and building great working relationships.

I had a slice of pumpkin bread and a hot chai tea latte with soy and a splash of pumpkin flavoring. He enjoyed a slice of lemon cake and a vanilla frap.

We busted out the laptops and got down to business. Great planning session. While we were in there, the winds continued to whip.

When we departed around 9:30 PM, it was still. No wind. No rain. Only a decrease in temperature.

Oh yea baby! Crisis averted!!!

Today? Lots and lots of rain. Winds in the 20s with gusts in the 30s. Blustery conditions but hey, that is how we roll in the PacNW.

So, what is on tap for the weekend?

Friday: After a day of work and lunch with another co-worker late this afternoon, a birthday party this evening.

Saturday: Finish some lingering work and household chores, mail out the Halloween cards made a few weekends ago, and a slumber party with Pete's girls. We're going to brave the elements to collect rocks to make rock animals, bake homemade chocolate chip cookies, and simply be crafty and cozy.

Sunday: Relax at home.

What do you have going on? How is the weather where you are? How are you?

Talk to me. I am interested.

For now, back to work I go.

Peace and Love Peeps.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

I got my hair did today. Cut and color.

Went to Adams football game tonight. They lost in overtime.

Tomorrow the 'rents are comin' to town.

Sunday-homework and laundry.

Weather? Blustery. Rain and WIND galore.

Have a great weekend. Sounds like you've got some great plans made.