Friday, November 09, 2007

By Request

Wanna' see my organizational "genius" (Ha!) "Grandma says I suck" handy dandy binder up close and personal?

Well, you may not want to but some others do so in the spirit of honoring requests...
Back in the day, this used to be what we call a fact book for work. Now it is my hobby/crafty fact book.
The dividers are labeled techniques, projects, ideas/templates.

Off to the left is a birthday and anniversary (outdated) list. The green card stock is an example of the Easter card for this year I need to file in the ideas/template section. The index card contains next year's St. Patrick's Day greeting and this year's possible Thanksgiving greeting.

To the right is the beginning of my stamps. I sat down one Saturday afternoon about three years ago and tried to group all the like stamps together and got busy documenting what I had on hand.

As I buy new stamps, I add their images to the corresponding page if they will fit. If not, I just add to the space available on the last page of this part of the binder.

Below are the last two pages of stamped images currently. It has a little bit of everything going on. Fall, Father's Day, Easter, random images, etc.
This is an example of the ink pads and their color and type description.
Additional examples of ink pads and their descriptions as well additional current stock lists of other ink pads, foam stamps, embossing powder, Pearl Ex, glitter, chalks, acrylic paints, punch info (dimensions, what I have), wish lists, stores to check out, envelope sizes, etc.
Random shot of former cards and projects made plus ideas for future projects.

I created this out of necessity. My eye is drawn to the same type of images and colors and I like to avoid duplication of purchases. Plus if I am browsing in a store and I see an idea I like I can check to see what I have on hand before purchasing exactly what the example shows.

The initial binder set up took me about four hours to do and now, as long as I stay on top of it, it takes no time at all. The stamps are added as soon as I bring them home and before they get added to their storage bin.

I do the same with the inks.

I check/update the powders, glitter, paints too. I update my PDA as the stock changes but don't print the lists and put in the binder except for once every three months.

So there you have it. Another glimpse into my OCD, organized self...

2 comments:

annabkrr said...

OMG Mo! I wish I could get my shit as straight as yours! You should see the disaster area I've got. It looks like a bomb went off and I always forget what I've got since it's all hidden underneath stuff. I even got containers for the stamps and it's still a mess.

Thanks for the picture.

Maybe it will inspire me to be more organzied.

kimmyk said...

OMG. You're one organized woman aren'tcha? I'm impressed. I can't wait to see you when you have kids...ha!